Quick Gmail Question

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bananapants, Aug 19, 2010.

1. bananapants

bananapants New Member

Quick Gmail Question

I'm using my Moto Q9c on Sprint if that matters...

I have my Gmail sent to my phone using IMAP and the instructions here: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78886

However I sync my Google Calendar to my phone using Microsoft Exchange Active Sync and the instructions here: http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299

Is it possible to use the Microsoft Exchange Active Sync to receive my Gmail by checking the box to sync my email? Is that possible? How often does it update? Is it better/worse than just using Gmail over IMAP (or in a mobile browser)?

The reason I don't experiment myself is because I don't want to screw up my current Gmail and phone settings. I'm always on thin ice with this phone and I'd prefer not to have to do ANOTHER master reset.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Yes it should, and it should arrive faster than IMAP. Exchange pushes emails to the phone when a new one is received by the server (in this case Gmail).

I have never used Exchange for Gmail, but use Exchange on another server for my personal email, I would not be able to go back to POP or IMAP again.
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I didn't know I could set up my other accounts using Exchange... I already have it set up with my work email, the million dollar question is can I set up more than exchange email account?
  4. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

ryant, as far as i know you can only setup one exchange server account.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

No, sadly only 1 Exchange account per device.