Questions about unlocking the phone

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Diamond' started by daisyd681, Jan 21, 2009.

1. daisyd681

daisyd681 Guest

Questions about unlocking the phone

I was wondering if there is a reliable program that I can use to unlock the touch. I am currently a Q user and miss the touchscreen ery much. Right now I'm with Alltel, but my contract is up in October. I do not want to be with Verizon (bad experience). I would switch to Cricket but they aren't here yet so I'll have to go with like Sprint in the meantime. I was thinking that since these are all CDMA networks I could get the deal on the Alltel touch and then unlock it when I go to move to Sprint. I know that this prospect carries risk, both to the phone and wether or not Sprint will activate an Alltel phone. If I could find a reliable program to unlock then I'm sure I could get Sprint to activate it. I obviously don't want a program that's going to turn it into a phone that doesn't do web or picture messages. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    TIA
    Daisy
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I think you'd have to find a Sprint ROM, easiest.
    You already know about unlocking.

You could probably find both the ROMs and unlockers at either ppcgeeks or xda developers.

While I've heard of Verizon activatinng Sprint Touch Pros I recall people trying to get phones on the Sprint network and being told it could'nt be done since the ESN is not in the system.

Good luck.
  3. rizal

rizal Guest

my htc touch diamond n i forgot my password.can somebody help me:(:(:
    to get inside back to my phone
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

generally if you've forgotten your password you're out of luck. a hard reset may fix it, but then you've lost your information, and apps and such. Hopefully you have everything backed up somewhere
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

still not carrier lock, the OP was talking about unlocking the phone to flash a new rom and the more recent was talking about a keylock....
  6. Barqz Alvin

Barqz Alvin New Member

have you manage to unlock? me too... i forgot my pin code to unlock the screen... can anyone help me to unlock?