Question about registry and freeware?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by That_Matt, Oct 28, 2008.

1. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Question about registry and freeware?

Hey I was trying to overclock my phone with instructions I found on this site and wile I was doing that I ran into some registry values that looked pretty interesting. Here is the path HKEY_LOCAL_MAC/Drivers/BuiltIn/IPM............ look through the values I see BBOCPUMaxSpeed witch looked the most intriging. I just kinda wanted to spred the news. I also was just wondering if I could use this to overclock my phone? Also I am into bluejacking and its hard to find any good bluejacking freeware out there that works with the Q so if any of you guys have some good bluejacking freeware let me know I would really appreshate it. Non bluejacking freeware is cool too.
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Question..what is bluejacking?
  3. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Bluejacking is taking over someones phone via bluetooth. You can send them pics, lock their keypad, set their ringer off, use their minutes to make a call with your phone, and many more things. Google it.
  4. brandon.roeder

Haha really?

Cool..ii guess
  5. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Yep very fun! Its best to do it in a place were a lot of people are like a subway. More chances for someone to have there phones bluetooth on and in discovery mode. I have found lots of freeware for this but I don't have the right bluetooth stack to work on my phone. I need the microsoft bluetooth stack and I think the Q9m comes with the better widcoom bluetooth stack. Anyone know how I can find and put the microsoft bluetooth stack on my phone?
  6. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

how close would you need to be for a bluejack to work? And why would you want to take over someone's phone? And why would you want other people to know that you want to take control of phones on a phone forum?
    Sent from non-blujacked Q
  7. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

I'll Start the bluejacking freeware list with some I found.
    1. BTCrawler
    2. Smurf
    These install but don't seem to work without that stack I was talking about earlier.
    3. Freejack - If i can just get my phone to work with java. (HELP!)
    4. Magic bluetooth hack
    5. Super bluetooth hack v1.8 latest
    Many more java ones out there guys
    These work if I could get java programs to run on my phone
  8. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

As far as you can go with any bluetooth device and still be paired est 12 meters at most. Its fun to wacth the people you are jacking freak out. You can be polite about it. Don't do it to long and go talk to them after your done its fun to meet new people that way. Also sent from a non bluejacked phone. lol
  9. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Brandon to answer your question better here.........
    First up, you need to know what Bluetooth is. There are lots of types of modern devices that incorporate the Bluetooth wireless communication system as one of their many features. PDAs, mobile phones and laptops are a few of these modern devices. Bluetooth means that Bluetooth enabled devices can send things like phonebook/address book contacts, pictures & notes to other Bluetooth enabled devices wirelessly over a range of about 10 metres.
    So, we've got past the boring part. Now, using a phone with Bluetooth, you can create a phonebook contact and write a message, eg. 'Hello, you've been bluejacked', in the 'Name' field. Then you can search for other phones with Bluetooth and send that phonebook contact to them. On their phone, a message will popup saying "'Hello, you've been bluejacked' has just been received by Bluetooth" or something along those lines. For most 'victims' they will have no idea as to how the message appeared on their phone. So, personalised messages like 'I like your pink top' and the startled expressions that result is where the fun really starts.
  10. brandon.roeder

bahahahaa!

You can run java w/ Jbed

I want to do this!
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Wow! That's sounds like fun.
    What are you 12?

So what's the deal? Mommy doesn't pay for unlimited minutes so you have to steal from people who left their phone open?

If I was in high school that might be fun for one day to have a friends phone ring in class otherwise an ass whipping should be in order.

Just in case I have'nt made it clear it's lame.Get a hobby, try calling a girl an out the phone to good use.
  12. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

ouch. I was trying to make that point in a subtle sort of way. To each thier own I guess. ; )
    Sent from a non-bluejacked Q
  13. brandon.roeder

bad day?

Chill out..
  14. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Sweet! Thanks! Have you ever used jbed to run a java based program on your phone?
  15. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Ok somehow you guys figured out I'm young don't understand how(Sarcastic). I'm 16 I have a job I pay for my phone myself mms sms data plan I have it. I'm super bad.
  16. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Omg dude chill its not like I sit around all day pondering on bluejacking. Its just something I ran into and have done a couple times. Im in sports have a girlfriend and I am very knowledgeable about coumpters. So chill.
  17. brandon.roeder

bahaha, Im 15..

Yes, I use jbed daily w/ Opera Mini, Google Maps for blackberry, and gmail.

Just download jbed..and the "bluejacking" thing..install jbed and open up the java app and see if it works.
  18. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

Hey I looked around for jbed and I can't find it, is it a program or what?
    Can you please give me a link?
  19. brandon.roeder

Look in Tony's software sticky in the software forum.

Im mobile so I cant link ya
  20. That_Matt

That_Matt New Member

I looked through his posts 3 times I don't see it. Maybe you could take some time and type out the URL for me that would be great! Thanks bro.