Question about q's chronic power off problem?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by chamberspins3, Apr 14, 2007.

1. prophetx2

prophetx2 New Member

I just received my Q 4 days ago and I've had 2 "random" power off. It's definitely attributed to the low power mode. Both times it rebooted, my battery was very very low. After topping off my battery every evening, I have not seen this issue and I run PDANet as well as numerous other software.
  2. geoff101

geoff101 New Member

yeah that reg edit will nly kick in if the screen is off...freezing while it's on, is another issue...have you kept an eye on any programs that are running in the background when this happens. Have you installed any 3rd party programs or anything screwey?
  3. geoff101

geoff101 New Member

exactly, if that's too tough, use the q's browser to navigate to the website where you got the total commander from, and download the .cab directly to it, it should prompt you to install it if you click on the link in the browser...until that happens, we really cant help you...
  4. cookgtsr

cookgtsr New Member

My wife and I both have a Sprint Q. My wife's powers off 3 or 4 times a day. I was talking with my boss who has a Verizon Q and I asked him if He ever had that problem. He said it did that and he folded a piece of paper and put it between the battery and the door. He said the battery was loose. He said he never had that problem again. I told my wife that tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  5. kvaughn

kvaughn New Member

This is great

Thank you, sir! I am a new user and was about to return my Q until I found this. It hasn't locked up since I applied this fix. I had scoured every forum under the sun looking for a fix and had come to the conclusion that I had a defective phone until I stumbled upon this. Needless to say, I am loving my Q now that it is stable!
  6. donnykc

donnykc New Member

i just did the value change. i hope it works like everybody says. i thought i just had a bum phone.sprint told me it was my battery. but im convinced this is probaly the problem. i'll post later results.
  7. donnykc

donnykc New Member

i can report no more random shut downs.
  8. johnnymacq

johnnymacq New Member

Loose extended battery I think

Interesting. I think I have the same issue with my extended battery. Q powers off a few times a day. Never when I have the regular battery in, though. I betcha the bigger battery is a wee bit loose.
  9. donnykc

donnykc New Member

up i go...
  10. dude5280

dude5280 New Member

I did the hack. No problems for a couple of days and then it started rebooting or shutting down randomly - several times a day.
  11. ugh94

ugh94 New Member

Thanks for the instructions. So far, no issues since the hack.

ugh94
  12. brandonwv

brandonwv New Member

shewww....I hope you guys are right!

I am new to the forum and I have been fighting this problem with my Alltel Q for A LONG TIME (longer than I should have!). I just changed the registry on my phone...if it works I will be in debt to you all FOREVER! At first I thought it was just a problem with the Alltel Q then when I got on here seems like everyone has this problem....my phone would crash almost EVERY time the backlight would go out!
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Have you tried this:
    hklm>drivers>builtin>ipm>low power mode....change the value to "0"
    Not sure it will help but it's a bit further down in the thread. Not sure how it would tie into the backlight symptom, though. :) -Q
  14. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

I am on my second Q9C in 15 months and have not had that issue. My old one couldn't see the micro SC card. It also would not hibernate when the keyboard was locked. Other than that I have had no issues.
  15. brandonwv

brandonwv New Member

2 days...no crashes...its like having a new phone. Who knew it could be that easy!!! I owe you all BIG TIME!:laugh2:
  16. tnslaughter

tnslaughter New Member

hi, i'm having difficulty with the above path... after i select builtin, there's not option for >ipm>low power mode on my phone :frown: is there anyway to just type it in? att&t is my carrier if that matters any.

thanks!