Question about Mini SD Card and Yahoo email

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by beamer7417, Sep 6, 2007.

1. beamer7417

beamer7417 New Member

Question about Mini SD Card and Yahoo email

I just got my Q9m last week and it's my first smartphone so I'm trying to learn all the logistics of using it...maybe some people out there can help me with some questions. First, I understand that the q9m supports up to a 4gb mini sd card but I also know that there are 4 gb mini sdhc card out there....does the q9m also support those? I want to know which one to buy. Also, I have set up and been getting my emails from yahoo flawlessly. But, when I get an email no number shows up next to where it says email on the home screen (although the phone does tell me I've gotten a message), there is still always a 0 next to where it says email....can anyone tell me if there is anyway that the number of emails will pop up? Also, when i select the email (with the number 0 next to it) from the home screen it automatically opens up the outlook email....I don't use outlook, only yahoo. Is there anyway that I can have it go directly to yahoo without having to change folders? Any help from anyone out there is greatly appreciated.
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Memory Cards & E-mail

The Q 9m should support SDHC cards (Verizon's site shows SDHC MicroSD cards for the Q 9m; you can use those with the MiniSD adapter).

In fact, I would suggest only using SDHC cards now -- it's the new standard.

That should have been a big clue -- that E-mail count is Outlook E-mail. You need to choose a Home screen layout that uses a different plug-in or maybe edit the one you have and change the plug-in to use Yahoo.

Steve