Quality of Voice Calls

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Rich Varenas, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rich Varenas

Rich Varenas Member

2. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

Engadget says this "The audio quality on the Focus is frighteningly good. For up-to-the-ear phone calls, the earpiece was loud and crystal clear"

Personally, I find the call quality very good, and service is much more reliable than on my old blackberry. I live in the hills, and I used to have a hard time checking my voicemail on my blackberry, but with my Focus I've already had some hours worth of talk with no disconnects (Same provider, I had att with my blackberry too).
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't say "frighteningly good". For me, call quality has been average. Dare I say, but the Motorola Droid was the best voice quality brick phone I've used in the past few years. It got returned in two weeks, but damn it sounded good while I had it.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Not as good as my old Motorola Q9H, but no complaints so far.
  5. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

I have had zero problems with sound quality. I rate it a tiny bit better than my iPhone 3G. Reception has been far better than with said iPhone.
  6. nakia

nakia New Member

I have had my Focus for 2 days and my calls are sounding like they are being sent through an auto tuner. They are good then get digitized and then go to so low that the conversation is not understandable. Going back to carrier to see if there is a fix or there is something I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would b helpful.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Stop talking to T-Pain? [​IMG]
  8. Ryan O'Brien

Ryan O'Brien New Member

My focus has excellent voice quality... or maybe cause my last couple phones lacked in that area.
  9. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

My Focus has excellent sound quality, both in speaker mode and ear speaker mode.