I was looking at the join dates instead of the post dates, so I thought this was an old thread and wasn't going to say anything. Upon further inspection I noticed the dates were recent, so... I bought my phone three days ago because the salesman told me that I could use the wifi capability without tethering and paying a $30/mon or so fee. Then when I tried to set it up, I called AT&T for help and the support person said that I would have to pay after all. Kinda irritating since I had to buy a wireless router from them and then I pay them $45/mon for DSL as it is. Anyway... I looked in my registry using a registry editor for the phone and found something interesting. HKEY__LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Connectivity InternetSharing is set to 0x0 so I set it to 1 then I made a connection to my wireless router like so... Connections > GPRS > wifi (my name for it) Connects to: WAP Network Access Point: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (from wireless router) User name: <blank> Password: <blank> Authentication type: None Primary DNS: xxx.xxx.xxx.1 (also from wireless router) Secondary DNS: xxx.xxx.xxx.1 (again, from wireless router) IP address: <blank> I finally got a screen that is the same screen I get from my wireless router on my PC's browser when there is a internet outage while I'm using the browser. So, I know that it's bouncing off of the router because the screen is router specific. That's as far as I've gotten with this. I also noticed that once I soft reset my phone, the registry setting went back to 0. Hope someone finds this information useful. After setting the registry default to 1, I soft reset the phone the screen didn't appear and instead I got the phone's generic internet failure screen.