Q9n owners who are golfers & want gps on the course

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Aixelsyd, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Q9n owners who are golfers & want gps on the course

heya all just thought I'd pass the word. Well being we finally got decent weather here in the windy city this past weekend I was finally able to test out a golf course GPS program that works on the Nap just great. Here is a link to there site if anyone is interested. Oh and by the way you can register and downlaod it along with 3 courses and use it as a trail run for 3 rounds before buying it. I will say it is a great piece of software and works really well in real time. Doesn't seem to kill you battery either which is a good thing. I fully charged my Nap before heading out, had GPS and the program active for over 5 hours and only dropped one bar on the battery by the end of the round. While on the course tho is was in fact grabbing 7 - 9 sats.

http://www.intelligolf.com/
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Well hell..what about everyone else?? :)

I'd like this for my Q9h. I will be looking into it. I like golf too!
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

do you really need GPS on the course? I can see it if you constantly shank it in the woods. Then you may just be better off putting a handicap sticker on your bag.

:)
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

You really hurt my feeling with that one mike...lol

The handicap sticker only needs to come out on the back 9. The golf course it really the only place i'll crack open a beer before 10am. :D

It would be cool tho to trial the software.
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

glad I can help.. :)

:):)
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

It does in fact work with the q9h last i looked at the site. I wil lsay it is a pretty cool app to have seeing as we have devices that can take advantage of the software so we might as well use it.

And yea for sure we can use GPS on the course Mike...lol. Saved my tail a few times this weekend because if I would have pulled the club I normally would have I would have skied it over the green. Plus for myself I can keep better track of my buddy who likes to scam out of shots and that is just not going to work for him anymore.
  7. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Mike, is this just a Q9n thing, or what about us Q9h users? :laugh2:
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

dunno.. I have a Q1 :)
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i tried the trial a long time ago on the original q...worked good. dont see why it wouldnt work on the entire 9 series if the n is all good!

i play maybe 5 rounds a year so i couldnt justify paying for it! plus...thats all i need is another golf tool to prove im just another phil out there! :)
  10. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Lol...I hear that but seeing as I try to get out at least once or twice a week I'll get my monies worth from it.
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Not sure paying for it would be worth it to me either. Being out there only twice a month. That may increase once i drop some $$ on clubs for my son.