q9m wifi help please

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by pumapal, Feb 10, 2008.

1. pumapal

pumapal New Member

q9m wifi help please

do I have to point internet applications to look for a connection from wifi instead of verizon's data somehow?

I just cancelled the data plan and got the block. I have the correct spectec card and the phone picks up the wireless network and connects all by itself...it is a beautiful thing.

I have been online with it a few times and the internet connection coming from my home wireless router is great. Internet Explorer, Opera, or Google maps (the only 3 internet apps I use at this point) have all worked at one point...but not always.

more often, I am connected to the wireless network (the wireless icon shows up, I am well within range...4 bars, and the status in the connections page shows there is a connection)...but the applications tell me there is no internet available. (google maps says I need a data connection, opera gives me the "failed to connect to the Internet" error, and IE gives the ALERT page telling me the page can't be found)

I know the wireless network is running fine since I have other computers using it without any trouble. I've cycled the power on the phone...I've tried powering up with the card in and with it out...I've deleted the wireless network and added it again

Is there a way to tell the apps to look for wifi? or should they find it automatically? other suggestions?

thanks!
  2. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Nope

If you are with Verizon, Wifi isn't available on the Q9m eventhough ther is an option for it. I talked to them about it already. Blue balls my friend, thats what that is.
  3. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

Since when? The Spectec 822 card works great with the Verizon q9m from what I've been told. I'm getting ready to buy one myself. I hope all the other reports about it working with the q9m are not bogus.
  4. paramedicnate

paramedicnate New Member

Having Verizon is like having rich parents that are very strict. You get treated good and have nice things, but they won't let you bang your girlfriend in the back of your new BMW M3 no matter how good your grades are.

Thats why I consider Sprint to be like having white trash parents. As long as you have the money, they don't give a f*ck what you do...so be it you don't call and complain to much.

-Nate
  5. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Do Tell????

Puuuuleeeeeeessssse tell me the guy was lieing, I hope so. Then tell me how to get it working. See, this is why I ask scott stuff, and notVerizon. BASTARDS!!!
  6. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Answer this.

Who are you with Cypress Creek???? I know who you are, let me give you a little hintabout myself HNMC
  7. paramedicnate

paramedicnate New Member

No I don't work for Cypress Creek. What made you think of Cypress Creek?

-Nate
  8. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Verizon doesn't do anything to block wirless, it works fine.
    When you setup your wireless it asked you which of the 5 connections you wanted to use, Internet, Work, WAP, etc. You have to be sure to associate it with "internet" since thats the top of the list.
  9. StabnSteer

StabnSteer New Member

I'm with Verizon - a Q9m and the Spectec card works perfectly well for me. I'm not sure why the original poster is seeing spotty Internet behavior...I've only had great results so far, so you may want to test its behavior in other wifi areas to see how it goes. The Windows Mobile 6 WiFi support is a bit simplistic...though one would think that when it says you have a connection, you are connected.

You may want to be sure to go into Settings and choose your desired connection (Settings/Connection) to be sure the system knows the one you are using...