Q9m To Touch Pro Switch

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by bounce, Apr 30, 2009.

1. bounce

bounce New Member

Q9m To Touch Pro Switch

I have had a 9m for probably about 6 month now, and my company just sent an email that said after the first of the year they will only accept phones running on WM 6.1, I know that I can switch my phone over, but I am dont want to do that. I really dont know much about windows (I have been a Mac user for many years) and just switched over to a PC back in December. So what after all that I am thinking about trying the HTC Touch Pro. What are anybodys thoughts on that phone, are there any problems with it and just what are your opinions on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nate
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I've used the HTC Touch pro and it IS an excellent phone running WM 6.1 Pro with a lot of processing power, RAM and great features. It will require a learning curve and a lot of "Windows" interaction. It's not for the most part a "one-handed" phone like your Q is but it IS much more powerful. If you aren't fairly "geeky" it isn't for you but you can learn I'm sure. With no money spent at all you can upgrade your Q to WM 6.1 and be good to go. IMHO :) -Q
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Head over to EverythingHTC also....they could use the activity! ;)

Great suggestion!
  4. bounce

bounce New Member

I have posted this in the HTC fourm as well, I am decent around a computer it is just that I happen to be mostly an Apple user. Would there be anybody that would switch my phone to 6.1 if I sent it to them?
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I've not done that upgrade since i've got 6.1. But from what i've seen here on the forum, you could probably handle it yourself, especially with all the info and help you'll get from EQ
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Who is your carrier. You can DIY (REALLY). I'll gladly send you the easy to follow Tutorial and links to all the apps and ROM needed to do it. PM me if you want to go that route OR if you want you could send it to me as others have done, which is sort of a shame because it only takes about fifteen minutes once you have the apps and ROM ready to go. :) -Q
  7. bounce

bounce New Member

Q, you have a PM
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Roger . . . Acknowledged. :) -Q
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

good luck with the flash, should be easy enough and suit your needs without spending more money (always a good thing):smile: