Q9m Media playback clash?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by pyrobling, Sep 21, 2007.

1. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Q9m Media playback clash?

I have been turning this thing over and over again inside and out.

Pretty much totally satisified. However, I have recently found something interesting and have spent approximately 3 hours already trying to solve it.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Windows Media player? On the multimedia screen I am having zero problems getting stuff to play....however inside Windows Media player I get zero sound. Everything will play not a problem but there is no sounding coming from the device. Close it down head back to the mainscreen...everything works fine. Play TCPMP and everything is fine. So I went ahead and uninstalled and tested, TCPMP and plug-ins are not phasing the WM player at all. If you go into File Manager and select something with data it will play but again no sound. I have never experienced this with the original Q. It will not play sound in BT either, but again no problem with the home screen playback. If I deactivate the homscreen display and attempt WM player again still nothing.

Just let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I am going to keep troubleshooting and hunting through the threads.
  2. mdbrandy

mdbrandy New Member

I'm a Q-newbie that has now had a Q9m about a week. I've been using WMP all week to play various mp3's with no problems. I have not installed any new software, and have not hacked anything in the registry yet either, so my Q9m is fairly virgin. I have a memory card where I'm storing the MP3s, I have the Q9m set up to grab e-mail, calendar, tasks off an exchange server at work, but that's about the extent of my configuration. No problems with sound out of WMP so far.

Mark
  3. Jaguars2832

Jaguars2832 New Member

Quick fix

Hey I had this problem backup all your data and try the master reset you loose everything but it should fix the problem, it worked for me

Good luck
    Dave

4. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Ok so problem fixed. It lies somewhere with FLASH.EXE.CAB and TCPMP. make sure not everything is selected in File Associations. Somehow the 2 together conflicted with WM player. After removing player played fine. Make sure to soft reset after removing. If anyone else experiences this with other apps please post it here as well. I have TCPMP set up to only play video and Flash files for YouTube and MP4 from Storage Card. Hope this helps.

It is always a good idea to make a CAB Storage folder on your memory for just such an occasion in case you have not already done so.

**posted from my Q