Q9m is back on Verizon site....Certified Pre-owned

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by manbat, Apr 9, 2009.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

Q9m is back on Verizon site....Certified Pre-owned

The Q9m is back on the Verizon site as certified pre-owned......
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Haaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!! Scarf 'em up folks !!!!!! :) -Q
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yep...get them and flash them to WM6.1!
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I looked at that a few times as a potential upgrade to my BlackQ. Never did like it. Way too much music centric crappy stuff on it for my tastes. Vcast and all that.

Refurbs in phones "scare" me.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

I've never known of anyone having bad luc with a "refurb". Yeah...the red music wheel is something I never liked...that is the major reason I did the WM 6.1 Q9c ROM flash!
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Get them "m's" . . . Make 'em "c's" !!!!!!!! :) -Q
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Curious. Asking because I don't know. Is that a Verizon supported thing or did somebody dump the ROM from a C and put it on an M and say wow it worked, everybody do this?
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

Not Verizon supported but it is the Q9c flash. It has the same version number, etc.
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

It is NOT a Verizon supported thing, BUT internally in every way a c and a m are exactly the same. Using the proper flash, you are simply getting rid of all the VZW media bloatware and VOILA you have a WM 6.1 C with red trim. Verizon never released a WM 6.1 upgrade for th M. :) -Q
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok. good info. thanks. I haven't not really followed all the ins and outs of the later Q's since I never had one and they're dead now (as a line).

I've never flashed a phone...is it difficult? Is is a supported process? I know the Omnia GPS release supposedly requires a "flash".
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Kinda knowin' where you're comin' from, Bob - piece of cake for you. As far as supported, depends on what you are flashing. In actuality, the online "official" Moto updates are essentially flashes but others although pretty much official in content for one reason or another were not released by the carrier. Sorta like the car dealership that says they can't fix it for you so you DIY. :) -Q
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

k...thanks for the info. Figured it couldn't be too bad a process if they release it to the general public...probably very similar to flashing new firmware to a router, whether that's a Linksys home one or a Cisco VXR7600 <G>.
  13. TwiztidCoffee

TwiztidCoffee New Member

I actually got a certified pre-owned one last week and flashed it to 6.1 today and it works amazingly.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Does you have "Talks" on it? Good job flashing it. :) -Q
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not anymore if the op flashed it
    only the new Q9c had 'talks' on it as far as i know

-Sent from my Q9n
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I was sort of thinkin' the .cab file was on the "m" possibly. Who knoew? :) -Q
  17. manbat

manbat Active Member

You can get the TALKS program now from VZW. It has a whole "10 minute" trial. Costs $100....You are allowed to D/L it. It has to be activated by VZW. I have it...haven't installed it to try the 10 minute trial yet. I still might go for one of the TALKS Q9c with my new every two.
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Great updated info, man . . . BUT Geeeeezzzzzzzz - has to be a record price for smartphone software. :) -Q
  19. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yeah...I thought the same thing. I thought it would come with at lease a 7 day trial. When you D/L... there is a Word Doc in the ZIP that explains everything and the activation process. There is a CAB and an install in the ZIP also.
  20. bobbyb2382

bobbyb2382 New Member

I am eligable for an upgrade with verizon and tried to get the certified preowned q9m but the phone was not showing on the list of phones when logged on my account. The q9m would show on the website if I was not logged in on my account though. I contacted Verzion and they stated they have no way to order the phone for me since it is an online exclusive and it can only be ordered online by new customers....anyone else have this problem