Q9m Homescreen

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by jeff1974w, Aug 31, 2007.

1. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

Q9m Homescreen

just checked out the new phone on the vzw website, and i must say its pretty sharp looking. i must say that i dont like the new layout of the keyboard (the space bar is too small) and feature for feature the old and new Q seem to be the same except for the fact that the new Q has WM6.

but the main reason for my post is that i really like the home screen on the new Q (the round screen) and was wondering if anyone had it and could post it on here for us old Q users?:laugh2:
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you mean the red'ish screen ? guess it can be made/adapted for the "regular" Q..
  3. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

ya, i didnt know if someone had a new q9 if they could just upload the file for us old q users
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i wonder if that will actually work
    since i read in one of the reviews that you cant customize that homescreen...it is what it is and if we dont have the programs in that same location it wont work...

but you can always give it a try
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

if that is the case i would consider that a step backwards.. maybe even 2-3 steps, that is one of the great things of the Q, you can make it look like you want to...
  6. n99hockey

well you can change the q9m homescreen to how we use ours...but what i meant was that the 'media' screen is probably q9m specific since it uses programs for the media device
    and that that 'media' screen is the way it is and cant be customized so us old Q users cant change it

does that make any sense?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

strangely enough, yes once again you make sense (or i am so far gone i am starting to understand you :} we can use and alter the screen, but we don't have access to the apps... correct ? weren't you getting a new(er) Q ?
  8. n99hockey

wow you can understand that...amazing!

but you CANT alter the media screen
    but you can (on the Q9m) turn that off and use a homescreen like we have on the regular Q

i was going to get it but then i heard about the potential for a Q9c with verizon so im going to hold out
    i mean its not like my current Q is breaking and falling apart so i have no problem waiting
    then again i am available for an upgrade should anything happen!
  9. troutseth

troutseth Guest

You two are having a love-fest. :laugh2:
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was a little amazed myself :}

i still remain of the opinion that i like the "generation one" Q the best.. looks-wise that is. you can't be due for an update that fast can you ?
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

any chance you are jealous ? :}
  12. troutseth

troutseth Guest

who doesn't want to be loved? of course I will take a 5'4 redhead female over you two . . but beggers can't be choosers.:tounge:
  13. bkartheiser

bkartheiser New Member

Does anyone have this file to upload. I would like to put this on my Q9m that is running 6.1. I should have kept a backup but I didn't think I was going to like 6.1 that much and was just going to go back to 6 but it's actually nice.
  14. n99hockey

if your referring to the media screen i dont think it will work after it has been updated to 6.1
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

never the less.... welcome aboard.
  16. bkartheiser

bkartheiser New Member

It's gone but I think I could easily get it to work if I had the program since there are instructions for remapping buttons. That is how I got VCast Music. I just copied and pasted it out of program files and then I put a shortcut on the start menu.

Thanks. I have been a lurker for years. I got a silver q the day it came out full retail and got a black q and q9m for subsequent uprgrades. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!
  17. n99hockey

its not a program
    its a homescreen that has im sure dll's or something else that allow it to run
    and once you installed the 6.1 that does not carry those file then it wont work

so you would need someone very nice to search for those files and post them here
  18. bkartheiser

bkartheiser New Member

I bet. Maybe I'll be the nice guy. I just gotta find a 6.0 file...

EDIT: I did a little searching and I think I can revert it back. I will update if I can isolate the files!
  19. tierrie

tierrie New Member

Good luck! Keep us posted