Q9m HACKS

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by pyrobling, Sep 15, 2007.

1. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Q9m HACKS

I have successfully done a number of hacks on the Q9m that I had on my original Q. All of the registry keys I looked for werer in the same place. I havae done a soft reboot and have messed with all kinds of stuff on it and have not found a single problem since I made the adjustments.

I changed the name, increased Cache/Speed, redirected IE history/temp/cache to Storage Card, disabled pop-up SMS Sent message, and a few others.

Remember to back up your device before you do any hacks just in case you typo or something goes wrong otherwise happy hacking :)

-A
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks man... it's good to have a brave Q9m owner.
  3. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Not brave just picky. I want MY phone to do MY things the way I want....see picky.

And besides you know I have been here long enough and messed with it enough to know what I'm doing and how to undo it if I don't have to master clear it.

Now a hack I am trying to find has been deleted from the Q hacks sticky by someone nameless....you know where to find the hack for the sidebars for when online?

-A
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i hear you.. i have been accused of being picky myself :}

yea... i know you know what you are doing.

what did that hack do ?.. the nameless person might be me, i have cleaned up that thread and should and will (at some point) re-check all the links.
  5. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

LOL yeah it was you. Anyway it made the IE bars from key balue of 6 to a key value of 3 and pretty much removed them from the browser window when you were online so that you could view more of the page.

-A
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is what i thought but wanted to make sure... now let me ask you something silly: did you do a search ? i am looking through the thread right now..
  7. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Yeah...what did you search I kept just finding threads for speed hacks.

I may have not been here or had a Q for 3 months but I didn't revert to a newb THAT BAD yet...I can still use the internet and registry edits so I'm not completely lost.

-A
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was just asking.. that's all.
  9. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

OK....I gotta sign off of the computer and go wireless now cause Cassie says its bedtime cause she has to work early. (pacific time is 9:12....bedtime already?). So if you find it can you just email me the link to the email address in my sig? It is my Wireless Sync address so it should kick right to my device. If you can't find it it's cool I'll just hunt for it tomorrow. I gotta spend more time on here to get to 500 posts and a level up. :)

-A
  10. clxa38

clxa38 New Member

how about registry information to actually do these hacks on OUR q9m. it's nice to know it works on yours, but i would like to have them work on mine too. thanks
  11. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Not necessary to waste space with
    double posts. Hop onto the forum mainpage and click Moto Q Hacks. Then click on the sticky thread at the top.

**posted from my Q
  12. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

thanks bro

AMEN!!! thanks