Q9m being phased out?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Frankie Figs, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs New Member

Q9m being phased out?

Forgive me if this has been discussed already.

I went to my local Verizon store a few days ago to talk to them about my Alltel account being switched over and my phone compatibility. I wanted to make sure my Alltel Q was fully compatible with the Verizon network. I told the guy I was interested in getting a Q9c and he told me that the 9c was an Alltel phone and that I would need to get a 9m. He then said that I should look at getting a different phone cuz the Q series is being phased out. That store didnt have any Q's at all, 9c's or 9m's. He said they're only available online.

Has anyone heard of this?

-Frankie
  2. yes its no longer in production.
  3. Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs New Member

Is there something to replace it?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that verizon guy is an idiot
    verizon also carried the Q9c...idiot

something that is very close and very cheap is the HTC Ozone
    its WM6.1 standard and a QWERTY keyboard
  5. Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs New Member

I was looking at that phone. My Q has been so good to me over the past 2 years that I dont wanna replace it but its showing its age. The buttons work when they want and the soft touch keys/directional pad are coming off.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hey if it aint broke why mess with it
    if it still functions and does what you want and you are happy then i say stick with it

but the Ozone is pretty damn close to a Q
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

you can get parts to fix that...

All carriers are starting to phase them out. Someday they will be a collectable.
  8. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

You can still get the Q9h on ATT...at least its listed.
  9. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I just got another Q9m (refurb) off the web site. It looked brand new. Seems to work as well as the Q1's and Q9c's we have in service.