Q9M Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by shonz, Sep 17, 2007.

1. shonz

shonz New Member

Q9M Battery Problem

I just recently upgraded to the Q9M, even though I was in love with the old one, and I'm happy to say that it TOTALLY ROCKS! One problem that I'm having is that I can't even make it through a normal workday without getting messages that the battery is critically low. I'd read several places that this model was supposed to get better battery life, and I'd also read that Moto Razr2's from Verizon were experiencing abnormally fast battery discharge and was wondering if anybody else was having the same problems. I know that within 30 days they'll exchange is for a new one, but I wanted to find it if it's the unit or maybe just the battery's bad.
  2. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

How much battery life did you get on the Q1? I'm getting much better battery life. I had to keep my old Q on the charger constantly. I bought an extra battery so I could get through the weekends incase I couldn't charge it. I could never go more than 12 or so hours on the old Q. The Q9M lasted 3 days one weekend (good signal area). Typically I can go at least 24 hours now without having to charge it, and I don't have very good signal in the bldg. at work, which is where it spends most of it's time. Sounds to me like the battery may be the problem.
  3. shonz

shonz New Member

Well, I charge every night and on the Q1 I had the extended battery, so I never had power issues. I appreciate the info; mine would never last 24 hrs, much less 3 days. There's a problem! Thanks, Coop
  4. DslLmi

DslLmi New Member

The battery last longer.... But you use more power... The screen seems much brighter... That can take the battery down.. Try to look at your power settings.. I watch tons of movies useing my bluetooth headset to hear... That kills the battery. Verizon sells the big battery. With the door for like 40 bucks or so. You want to look at that. the only problem is that it makes the Q9m bigger!
  5. nastea

nastea New Member

I experienced this with my q9m however I have since upgraded to the extended verizon battery and I seriously get 3days of batt power, all the while syncing email through the evdo service.
  6. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

battery booster Turn off Alarm

Sounds strange but I read in another post (somewhere) that turning off the alarm feature saves some battery juice. I found this is true.

If you still need alarm d/l another program for this. OR plug it in at night
    with battery on and disable after alarm goes off it in the morning.

True Q9m uses more juice,cause it does more, I can drain mine by watching vids with wifi card!
  7. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

I have only had 1 day off bad battery. I carry 2 standards and still only use one during the day and can make it to end of second day. I have round 100+ texts incoming on average...wireless sync...2 hour check on Yahoo...BT always on...and listen to music for an hour on lunch break.

**posted from my Q