Q9M accessories same as Q?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Steve K, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Steve K

Steve K New Member

Q9M accessories same as Q?

As the new owner of a Q9M, am I safe in assuming that all of the accessories made for the Q (screen protectors, cases, holsters, etc.) will also fit the 9M?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

probably not EVERYTHING since the 9m is slightly larger than the original Q...
    if its form fitted to the original it probably wont fit...but say a pouch case would probably fit
  3. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I know PPCtechs will have screen protectors soon. Personally I say yes they are worth it. Just because you do not use a touch screen doesn't mean you can't ruin the non touch screen. I prefer the crystal clear ones.
  4. SasleoCine1

SasleoCine1 New Member

Most are different

Battery different, desktop charger different, belt clip different. Mini USB is the same, so the car charger, charger (non dock) is the same.
  5. jacobjer

jacobjer New Member

The docking bay side charger is the only thing I'm really missing, and this phone being so new - you gotta assume a flood of accessories will be coming soon.
  6. Qool Qustomer

Qool Qustomer New Member

Batteries the same; extended door is different

"Battery different, desktop charger different, belt clip different. Mini USB is the same, so the car charger, charger (non dock) is the same."

Batteries are the same, but the old cover for the extended battery won't fit. I don't use mine anyway -- I carry an extra regular battery instead.

I don't remember where, but I did see a picture of the Q9m in a docking charger, so they must exist...

I think the new keyboard is much, much better.
  7. kidwellQ

kidwellQ New Member

Q9m Dock Charger

Has anyone located the Q9m dock charger yet? The photo that you are referring to is located on this forum, it's within the initial press release for the Q9m. My Q9m through Verizon has been ordered and should be in my hands this week.

Phillip

8. rheitman

rheitman New Member

some do

I have found a case that does work. The Cellet neoprene case will fit. It will be a snug fit at first but it will stretch. Fortte has case on their web site but will not ship until Oct. 1st. The before mentioned case has all the same holes except fo the memory card.:smile: