Q9h Wifi Real(Released in 4th Quarter of '08)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by blade242, Apr 12, 2008.

1. sniffs

sniffs New Member

is the person you got it from going to be mad that u let go of it? =P
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

LOL, define let go of it ???? Its uploaded on a site already.
  3. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I used that term vs leaking it because I hate the term 'leak'.. it didn't crack and seep out on it's own =P

So.. the person who gave it to you, once they find out it's been released into the wild, you think they are going to get mad at you for doing so prematurely? Or did you happen to stumble upon it without anyone elses involvement and just snagged it as quickly as possible? =P
  4. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Conspiracy Theory:
    ATT is using all EverythingQers and Motomoddingers to 'live test' this update before general release. Unbeknown to mexiken, he has been used as tool to get the update out in the 'open'! HAH!

:wink: Imagination can provide a lot of fun, me thinks!

:2cool:

R J
  5. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Or maybe I'm in on it....
  6. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

:foot:

Or maybe!!!
    :2cool:
  7. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

A Holy Quest, but without the swallows, plague, and shrubberys.

Okay, so I'd love to be the first one to test this, but I dont have access to my PC right now (stuck at the inlaws!). After the WM6.1 upgrade, has anyone done some snooping around the registry? And compared it to a WIFI enabled phone. I dont know if anyone else realized this, but as Mexiken stated, this is the official AT&T release, just gotten a hold of before they wanted to give it to us. That, to me, says, if they wanted to keep the WIFI disabled, this would be the version to do it in (since they modded it from Microsofts version). I think we've established that the hardware is there for WIFI, based on the blueprints looked over by Mexiken, myself and one other (Sorry, forgot your name, will edit it in. Want to give you credit.)

So, the hardware may be there for the future when they want to release a "new" model, such as verizons new one comming out, but since the new Iphone just launced, along with the new blackberry, they wouldnt want a cheaper phone to have all the same capibilites (like Ive said before).

So, my challenge is, fire up those reg editors, browse throught, and see if there is something hiding. if not, do not lose hope, as I would immaging that theyd remove the entry anyways. so, borrow a friends wm6.1 wifi phone (um, not sure what has all that but im sure PhoneScoop could tell you), and find its WIFI entries (and drivers, if need be. That'll be more tough though, as we'd have to find a phone that uses the same WIFI/BT chip to ensure hardware compatability). Port those over to your phone (WM 6.1) and see if we cant get a burp out of the 2.4ghz antenna.

I will join in as soon as I get home and have time to flash over to the new WM6.1 and start poking around. Until then, good hunting!
  8. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Only entries in the registry I can find for WiFi on 6.1 are located under

HKLM\ControlPanel\WiFi\Timeout ("0")
    HKLM\Comm\WiFi\ScanInterval ("60")

HKCU\ControlPanel\WiFi\EapolParam1\EapFlags ("0")
    HKCU\ControlPanel\WiFi\EapolParam1\EapType ("25")
    HKCU\ControlPanel\WiFi\EapolParam2\EapFlags ("0")
    HKCU\ControlPanel\WiFi\EapolParam2\EapType ("13")

HKCR\CLSID\{9B8A6DEB-3912...}\Default ("ConnMgrWifiEventListener")
    HKCR\CLSID\{C9D3AC37-320A...}\Default ("ConnMgrWifiPageTransition")
    HKCR\CLSID\{8AAF3123-3DC9...}\Default ("ConnMgrWiFi8021xMenu")
    HKCR\CLSID\{2E0EC8B4-831B...}\Default ("ConnMgrWiFiMenu")
    HKCR\CLSID\{08A17CF6-C749...}\Default ("ConnMgrWiFiEvent")
    HKCR\CLSID\{DBD9C7C1-777E...}\Default ("ConnMgrWiFi")
    HKCR\CLSID\{9B0AD0E9-77D4...}\Default ("WiFiStateChangeApp")

HKCR\CM_WiFiEntries\CLSID\Default
    ("{D87ABAEA-E56D-4f5b-8766-DB8A551317A7}")

the above CLSID value points to

HKCR\CLSID\{D87ABAEA-E56D...}\InprocServer32\Default ("cspnet.dll")

HKCR\Wi-Fi\CLSID\Default
    ("{EDF83936-F42A-43e2-A278-DB67EF7E9088}")

HKCR\CLSID\{EDF83936-F42A...}\InprocServer32\Default ("syscsps.dll")

HKCU\System\State\Shell\ActiveApplication ("Wi-Fi \ Shell")
    HKLM\Security\Provisioning\OMADM\NormalReplaceURIs\
    ./Vendor/MSFT/Wi-Fi ("")

HKLM\Security\Provisioning\CSPs\.\Vendor\MSFT\Wi-Fi\Default
    ("{DAB192CE-B659-460c-AE27-0F32ECB471D4}")

HKCR\CLSID\{DAB192CE-B659...}\InprocServer32\Default ("syscsps.dll")

(already referenced by a previous CLSID)

And that seems to be all of the WiFi\Wi-Fi entries in the 6.1 registry... I think the cspnet.dll and the syscsps.dll files would be the WiFi drivers...
  9. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

I would really really like to see that Q9h registry with working WiFi... theres alot of keys/values missing for WiFi on the WiFi disabled q9h's.

Theres no Provider info for WiFi and missing destination CLSID's... really just need to see a working WiFi registry for the global..

good thing is the driver is on the phone...

where did that guy run off too....
  10. shcmb186

shcmb186 New Member

other

have u guys tried the unbranded firmware from mmuk it's rumored to have wifi but brakes 3g or it's hard to use 3g with it. i have the 6.1 att wm os and the latest firmware downloaded from that site today . tho some of the spec's from the wifi enabled phone phone look newer while others look really odd (software verion # aren't like the current and menu layout look's real) he didn't post the reg entry of all the setting like the rest have . it's my understanding at&t has a nasty habit of hiding stuff ( like the razr2 v9 had a-gps but was disabled or hiddin seems to make it disable and a few hackers figured out how enable but it only worked on edge and not 3g :( . and z9 has the some thing enabled with 3g . so far i firuged out i can use the usb cable to surf the internet . and can't get any program to start my gps :((. plus found a few hidden menu settings (not the wifi enabler ones) .

the evo of my phone usage nokia 3595 over three years owned (2 used) then unlocked and died moments after :( -> lg c1300 died early by my hands mhaw mhaw -> black v3 over a year into production run (has been through noob modder hell and water among other thing ) still kicking -> v3xx ld 2month died of a flaw after many connects and disconn :(( -> v3xx mld 2 phones (both have been through modder hell and the gary one is near death and the red is having emi trouble in semi trucks , one dead screen replaced with the v3xx ld screen ) -> razr2 v9 taken back after 6days ( red dot in the lower left quad of screen )-> and finally q9h 6.1 wm leaked upgraded today it had the first taste of my tweaking after the upgrade whee hhaa two big hell yeahs for 6.1 so far good
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Here are some wifi related files I stumbled upon in windows folder. I dunno if it's useful. I opened it using notepad and it's all gibberish to me. Don't know how to read it. Maybe someone should have a look. Could contain a clue on how to enable wifi. If it can be enabled that is.
  12. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Um, there is no file on MMUK that is AT&T branded and has WiFi, and no file at all really that can flash with a US Q9h.
  13. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

Thanks Ninja. I just finished flashing to 6.1 (I know, I'm a late adopter...:tounge:), so now comes the fun part of seting everying back up and seeing if we cant get this baby to sing in 2.4ghz beauty.
  14. MotRyan01

MotRyan01 New Member

I have a feeling WiFi doesn't exist for the Q9h's....
  15. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yah I have that feeling too. But wouldn't it be great if someone could prove us wrong???
  16. MotRyan01

MotRyan01 New Member

It sure would be great!
  17. phyxius67

phyxius67 New Member

I know for a fact it is not on the phone. Save your time people. I can not prove it it's just fact.

I don't know why it's not on the phone. It only makes sence to have it.

If I ever find out the reason why they did not put it on the phone I will post.
  18. p0lye

p0lye New Member

ya know...

when people post things like "I know for a fact that its not on the phone" it's just as bad (if not worse) than people posting unfounded speculation that it must be on the phone because it "makes sense."

let's try to work with actual facts here...please?

FACT - Schematics have surfaced which indicate the presence of a wifi chip
    FACT - There are AT&T Q9 Global's in the wild with wifi
    FACT - No one on this forum has been able to get their hands on a phone with wifi
    FACT - no one has produced any actual evidence that wifi is not on the phone

i'm not trying to start a flame war, i just want people to stick to actual "facts"

all i heard from phyxius67 was "i can't prove it" please help me to understand how something is a fact if it can't be proven...
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

didnt we have a memeber say he had it on his phone in this very thread?
  20. p0lye

p0lye New Member

yeah, but i more or less discounted him when i he promptly disappeared. it looked promising for a second. i'd love to hear from him again...

cricket...cricket...