Q9h Wifi Real(Released in 4th Quarter of '08)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by blade242, Apr 12, 2008.

1. nmm222

nmm222 New Member

From phone information:

Carrier:
    Carrier: AT&T

AP:
    01.11.25I

APFlex:
    NANORMANATTCORE00028

Language Pack:

BuildTime:
    Thur_3/13/2008

BP:
    MODEM4_U_40.12.00I

BPFlex:
    USNORMANBPATT01NAR2W611B006

DSP:

MBM:
    BOOT_U_02.06.00R_NORM

Notes:
    R2W.61.1.B NA

More than willing to help get the rom out if someone can tell me how.

NMM
  2. Xebec

Xebec Member

This proves what I've been saying all along. The WM 6.1 update has been done for the Q9h since mid March.
  3. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

As I suspected...look at the build date...3/08. There is NO WAY Motorola had an initial run of Q9h's with wi-fi...then took the chip out...then put them back in for nmm222's phone!

My build date is 10/07 for reference.

Now we need to get that ROM off the phone and post it somewhere :)
  4. Xebec

Xebec Member

That is the build time of the firmware, not the phone itself. Since he purchased the phone off of ebay, hard telling when the phone was made or if the phone is actually from AT&T. It could be an early Q9h with updated firmware.
  5. sniffs

sniffs New Member

In that ebay link, is a pic of a q9.. but I dont know if that's the q9h.. it doesnt have the brushed silver lining aroudn the outside of the phone.. that looks more like another carrier q9
  6. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

It's just a stock pic of a Q9h. Many ebay'ers use stock photos found on the Internet to put in their listings. I wouldn't give it any attention.

And yes, it's possible that the phone is an early production model with updated firmware...one way to know would be to have nmm222 pull out the battery of the phone and list all of the info on the white sticker minus the imei :) Of particular importance is the FCC ID...if the FCC ID is the same on his phone and mine...it would suggest the hardware is the same as the FCC would require a differnt FCC ID if the phones had different hardware.
  7. nmm222

nmm222 New Member

So it seems part of that sticker is missing (interesting) but the following is there:

LNW04B0125 8596 SJUG4060AA 04B
    SLG5365AAAP4

Id send a pic but, at work and dont have my camera

NMM
  8. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

There are other differences, the most significant being the Modem. My modem is MODEM4_U_40.11.0FR
  9. Xebec

Xebec Member

That is a good point. I just removed the battery from mine and found that it has two stickers, a larger one and a smaller one. The larger one has the FCC ID and IMEI # on it. The FCC ID on mine is: IHDT56HW1.

Edit: The Rogers Q9h has an FCC ID of IHDT56HW2.
  10. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

There should be two white stickers under the battery. The first one (the larger of the two (also has two bar codes on it)) should contain the FCC ID.

Mine is the same as the previous poster and looking at the FCC website...the test data provided to the FCC in July of last year for the phone does not include WI-FI :(

My FCC ID too is : IHDT56HW1

BTW...looked up the Rogers FCC ID and it also has nothing for WI-FI...only Bluetooth
  11. Xebec

Xebec Member

12. sniffs

sniffs New Member

That's so retarded that Motorola would release 2 variations of the Q9h..

It almost seems as if they released the H1 on AT&T, then the H2 had Wi-fi but only on Rogers? and didn't tell anyone.

Anyone here actually on Rogers with a Q9h?
  13. nmm222

nmm222 New Member

Yeah my phone is missing the fcc id there is a sticker with info above and barc ode (above that there looks like something was removed) Below that is the imei code and only that. It looks like imei code was added later. It looks newer and is not square to other.

This all very strange

NMM

14. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I will be contacting your shortly good sir.
  15. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

16. dwboston

dwboston New Member

There are more than 2 versions of the Q9h. The European version didn't have GPS.
  17. nmm222

nmm222 New Member

my phone has both wifi and gps. It also has the att branding on it.

18. dwboston

dwboston New Member

I believe it. There was a guy posting at HoFo who worked for Moto and had (or had seen) a Q9h w/WM6.1, WiFi, and GPS.

I seem to recall reading that the Q Global was always intended by Moto to have WiFi but that AT&T demanded it be removed because of the iPhone and the Tilt.
  19. dwboston

dwboston New Member

That ought to settle it. Moto isn't going to lie to the FCC. WiFi was likely in some early samples that were built (which were later upgraded to WM 6.1) but removed for the production version of the device.

There were 50 AT&T branded Q9h's w/WM 6.1 given away at CTIA. We would have heard by now if they had WiFi activated.
  20. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

They may not have lied. Their answer may have been based that the hardware was in the phone but because of software restrictions...the phone would not operate on WLAN.

If early production models of the Q9h included WI-FI and were distributed (obviously something went out) they would need to have an FCC ID number in order to be used in the US. Since nmm222 has an AT&T branded Q9h with wm6.1 and WI-FI, it MUST have an FCC ID in order to be used here. Seems strange that the sticker is missing and that I can't find any other variations of the Q9h on the FCC website. Explain that one :)

BTW, the European model does not have to be FCC approved since it is made for sale in Europe. Is it possible that nmm222 has a European version that was updated to wm6.1 and the GPS was activated and branded AT&T??? hmmmmm....seems unlikely.