Q9h Wifi Real(Released in 4th Quarter of '08)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by blade242, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Xebec

Xebec Member

The guys over at wmexperts.com have one of those 50 and they certainly would have said something if wifi was enabled.
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Ok. First, I doubt a Sprite backup would work at backing up the files and succesfully working on a 6.0 ROM.

I am talking to my programmer buddy, and were gonna set up a day to work on it. I need to get in touch with nnm though, so we can get him to get us a ROM copy.
  3. nmm222

nmm222 New Member

tell me how and i will
  4. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Mexiken,

I agree that a Sprite backup of the 6.1 files and registry would not play on a 6.0 ROM. That being said, I'm not convinced that 6.1 itself is the key to activating Wi-Fi (if it does indeed exist in the Q9h). It seems much more likely that 6.0 may be missing registry keys and possibly some .dll's and/or other files in the /windows directory that have been included in the 6.1 release that nmm222 has on his phone.

My point is; it seems likey that if there is a dormant Wi-Fi chip here, that it could be enabled in 6.0 by adding the missing registry keys, .dll's et al.
    It would be helpful to have a copy of nmm222's registry to compare it to the registry of a 6.0 phone to see what, if anything is different for Wi-Fi keys.

PS - I'm sure nmm222 would say "hell no!" but what a treat it would be to have his handset here in front of me to be able to make these comparisons and testing quicker! :)
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

@nmm222

OH WOW... I'm convinced now... especially since you've changed the date in the individual pics to say July 10, 2008. But wait a tick... the album pic still says Dec 25, 2007. Don't forget to change that too. So it will look more authentic when you post in the next forum.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nmm222/MotoQh9WIFI

http://picasaweb.google.com/nmm222/MotoQh9WIFI/photo#5221607777497645074

Here's a challenge for you: show me a pic with the phone's radio enabled so it shows that it's connected to att's network and wifi at the same time. Your pics show everything off except wifi.
  6. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Do you have AIM or Yahoo! IM ????
  7. EP_Blues

EP_Blues New Member

Why the sarcasm Ninjapp? Clearly this thread has moved beyond the knee-jerk cries of 'FAKE!' and into something more substantive. What's the use in bringing it back down when everyone else has moved on?

Besides, your point seems misguided anyway. How does an incorrectly set date on the camera (something that is certainly an honest possibility) indicate the photo is fake? If the date were correct, and the photo was taken in December, wouldn't that just mean nmm222 got a Wi-Fi Q *earlier* than he said? Where's the evidence of forgery?

nmm222 seems to be willing to help figure this out, and I for one can't wait! Thanks to him, and everyone else working on this.
  8. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

wifi on q9h

do that room backup and if u need sprite backup i will give it to you fully activated.
    and post it in any link or send it with email to me and i will post to everyone
    thanks you
  9. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

About wifi

Hi
    i explore my q9h with resco and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\comm i find WIFI
    does this mean that it has wifi and it needs to activate it somehow.
  10. Xebec

Xebec Member

11. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

This is not an entirely accurate statement. The question was asked:

"Schematics indicate WLAN capability. Please clarify if this mode will be available for this device."

The response from Motorola was:

"There is no WLAN."

Motorola's response does not state that there is no WLAN hardware on the device (as the technical schematics indicate for the Q9h)...it just answers that WLAN will not be available for the device. Motorola could have very well meant that even though the hardware exsists, there are no plans to have the feature implemented in the device when it was released. (by not including the software drivers etc. needed to use the WLAN hardware)

I realize this seems like nit picking...but remember questions and answers to/from Government agencies are highly political...and are sometime very vague.
  12. Xebec

Xebec Member

What is it with people on this board? When present with facts, they are completely disregarded. So now Motorola is lying to the FCC and there is in fact WLAN built in on the Q9h. :angry:
  13. dwboston

dwboston New Member

I agree in this case. If WM 6.1 suddenly "unlocked" WiFi capabilities then Moto would have "lied" to the FCC. The statement "there is no WLAN" is pretty unequivocal.

I wish there were WiFi capabilities in the device. Wishing doesn't make it so however. :laugh2:
  14. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Hmmm...well let's see...

The FCC says of the Q9h; "Schematics indicate WLAN capability..."

I don't know what kind of electronics backgroundyou have...but it has been my experience when a schematic of a radio design has been presented for type acceptance to the FCC...it is what the radio will be comprised of at build.

I never said Motorola was lying to the FCC...just that the Q9h was not to have WLAN cpaability at release. Again, for the blind and brain damaged...Motorola's response DOES NOT MEAN that the hardware is not present, just that it WLAN capability was not to be included in the release..and that could be done effectively by not having the software drivers installed on the device to make the hardware active.
  15. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Not exactly. If Motorola in good faith did not intend for the device to operate WLAN at the time of release...and at some point down the road a 3rd party company (in this case Microsoft) releases a software upgrade for the phone that happens to now contain the drivers needed to activate a dormant piece of hardware...how would that be Motorola's fault? How would have Motorola lied?
  16. dwboston

dwboston New Member

We can go back and forth like this all day. "There is no WLAN" is pretty simple. If you choose to read something into it then go for it. It's no big deal. :wink:
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Wait people! Before we go any further with this back and forth bickering, why don't we ask mexiken? He is apparently working with the person who supposedly has a Q9h with 6.1 and wifi, bought off ebay.

@mexiken
    So what's up mexiken? Can you shed some light on this matter?
  18. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Is it safe to assume then that Moto's submission to the FCC about the CDMA version of the Q did NOT rule out WLAN?
  19. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sorry to say people, the wifi dream is officially dead. I have posted the new moto q9h with 6.1 user's manual. I'm sure it's for 6.1 because it talks about copy and paste feature within messaging; only available in 6.1. No mention of wifi anywhere in the manual. But I guess you guys are just going to argue that att disabled it... Either way, if it's not available in the new Q9h's it certainly won't be available when we get our update.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9h/at-and-ts-new-q9h-with-wm-6-1-a-24538.html
  20. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I havent had a chance to get ahold of him. I will try again.