q9h update firmware

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by susan1985, May 23, 2008.

1. mexiken

mexiken New Member

No worries. And yes, its coming, its just a matter of when....
  2. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

yes:embarassed:
  3. Xebec

Xebec Member

I meant AT&T has nothing to gain. Microsoft released WM 6.1 April 1st. Motorola has already released WM 6.1 to AT&T. There is no incentive for AT&T to push this out to their customers. AT&T gains nothing financially for doing so, but it does cost AT&T money as they will take WM 6.1 and customize it for their phones. No company is eager to spend money to give something to their customers when there will be no financial gain.
  4. IhateBestBuy

IhateBestBuy New Member

Are you trying to say that those of us with European Q9H's on ATT will not be able to upgrade to WM 6.1? If so what is your justification? I see no problems upgrading a Euro Q9H to an ATT flash including WM 6.1.
  5. mexiken

mexiken New Member

The hardware isn't exactly the same, so it might not work.
  6. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

I guess my justification is based on reverse logic.
    There are at least two folks with AT&T devices who have attempted to flash their device with Euro ROM's.
    Both phones have been rendered useless with the flash process aborted and a consistant error message of "Barker not set".
    Of course you can connect to AT&T's network on a Euro Q, (but without 3G service) however, upgrading a Euro Q with an AT&T ROM appears (to me) to be a recipe for problems.
    This is not to say that there will not be a WM 6.1 for Euro Q's, I just wouldn't use an AT&T ROM WM 6.1 upgrade on a Euro Q ..... until somebody else tries it.
    If you feel comfortable enough to try it - that is if AT&T is able offer the upgrade to a device not originally factory-configured for their network - then go ahead. A lot of folks will be intersested in the results.