q9h update firmware

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by susan1985, May 23, 2008.

1. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

q9h update firmware

who can tell me where i can download the update firmware?
    my phone can't use now.....
    the firmwares i have tried are not fit to my phone.
    all of them stop at 69%.....
    if someone has the file,you can send it to my email ,the adress is susan6117@sina.com
    thank you!!!
  2. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

google motorola q9h monster flash file
  3. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

To date, there is no flash file for the AT&T Q 9h.
    There are a few ROMs available for the European GSM version.
    I replied with this info in the other thread where you had posted, but here it is again:

Please go to the PDA Phones board of the Mobile Phones Technology Section at www.maximus.ws.
    We're hosting a number of ROM's for the Euro Q 9h (GSM).
    These are NOT for Nth American (eg AT&T) version.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

As discussed many times before, there is no Q9h (AT&T) flash file available to date that we know of. The ones available are Euro and some work and some don't.
  5. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

I can't open the web.....but i still thank you so much.do you have some other webs?or if you don' mind ,send one to me.......:embarassed:
  6. skiwi

skiwi New Member

Well, you can use web proxy to open this website
  7. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

:wink:I open it.thanks.
  8. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Glad you got there. Good luck with the ROM(s). Let us know your results.
  9. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

yeah, the ROM in the maximus is a god-send :tounge:

One of my very few gripe with Moto-Q9h is the lack of chinese IME support. I was told that in Hong Kong they sold Moto-Q9h with chinese IME support, but not in multi-racial countries like Singapore!

It doesn't help when Motorola support personel insisted they don't have any product that provide such functionality, and claimed it must be a third party software addon, and therefore the support conversation stopped there.

Well, the folks @ maximus proved otherwise, and now I'm a happy Moto-Q9h camper :wink:
  10. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

I gone there and downloaded all roms.I can only extract 43r folder and it's of no use. maybe it has been destroied.others were not estracted successfully.I didn't try again because i doubted my phone is AT&T or NA.The seller don't tell me what kind it is.But what cofuse me is the rom originally in my phone is 18r.the 18r is chinese rom.If my phone is AT&T or NA or Euro,how can the seller flash the 18r rom into the phone?And I have tried almost all chinese rom,17r,21r,18r,all failed,initially i thinked my phone was Euro .Now i am tired to flash it.I heare of wm6.1 is going to release soon.maybe I can desolve my problem then.:frown:
  11. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

It's difficult to know what's going on with your attemps to flash a new ROM to your phone.
    The only "Chinese" ROM we have at maXimus Forums is 01.08.21R.
    A member here successfully flashed a phone which had an 'older' Chinese ROM -maybe 01.08.18R ? - (see this thread for discussion) and the only issue was that the first flash attempt failed. On repeating the procedure the flash was completely successful.

The only file I have not personally flashed to a EURO Q 9h is 01.00.961~.

With a PC running Vista results have been unpredictable, however WinXP SP2 reliably flashes the phone. That, and RSD Lite 3.5 (or higher) will do it.

Why do you say "I can only extract 43r folder and it's of no use"?

This was the first ROM that I flashed back in March and noted:
    "Unlocked, unbranded ROM for Middle East?/SE Asia?/Australia? (Based on Carrier info that is preloaded.) No GPS; No AT&T 3G."

There is also a German, an Italian and a Chinese ROM.... and they all work.
  12. Xebec

Xebec Member

WM6.1 is going to be released. Soon? Well, that depends on your definition of soon. With AT&T's track record, we would be lucky to see WM6.1 before the end of this year.
  13. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

I don't know why "I can only extract 43r folder and it's of no use" too.The RSD didn't write 43r.Other folders showed "the format of this file is unknowed or it has been destroied" when I extracted . maybe the folders has been destroied during downloading.
  14. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

The extracted files should be approx. 95 to 105 MB.
    The files are mostly .zip format but there may be some in .rar format.

The extracted file for the Chinese ROM should look like this:
    SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01.08.21R_MODEM4_U_40.03.07R_01_UCNORMANEMEAR2W611A017_1FF_983422386.sbf

What program are you using to extract the file?
  15. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

The files I dowloaded are 20 to 70MB,there must be something wrong during the process of download.Perhaps it due to the Web proxy.I have tried 21R once,and failed.:frown:I use winRAR to cxtract the file.
  16. susan1985

susan1985 New Member

:frown:but i don't have any way except waiting now.I don't find any roms,neither Euro nor AT&T.I will be very happy if you give me one.:laugh2:
  17. Xebec

Xebec Member

I think the only people lucky enough to currently have it are the people at Microsoft, the people at Motorola, and some wireless engineers at AT&T. The problem for AT&T is that there is absolutely no incentive for them to get it ready for their customers. They gain nothing financially and actually lose money on it by taking time away from their engineers so they can customize it with all the AT&T junk on it.
  18. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Can you download from Rapidshare and/or 4Shared?
  19. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Well, thats not ENTIRELY true, because of the Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 which is only enabled with 6.1, so there is SOME kind of urgency there to release it, however, I agree that its not very high.

More about MSMDM:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobiledevicemanager/default.mspx
  20. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Thanks for the link mexiken.

Good news for those of us with AT&T devices is that the "AT&T Moto Q Global" is on the list for 6.1 update.

Uncertain news for susan1985 is that whatever happens for AT&T devices will be of no direct benefit to those with "Euro" Q's.