Q9H started rebooting constantly, this morning dead

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chanster, Jan 11, 2009.

1. chanster

chanster New Member

Q9H started rebooting constantly, this morning dead

My phone last night started re-booting constantly when I attempted to use Internet last night. This morning, after being plugged in all night, the phone is completly dead. Any ideas or ways to salvage this? I got the phone via my company in April..is this thing still under warranty?

I'm really upset, as I loved the phone.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

most like a dead battery. you may need a new one.
  3. chanster

chanster New Member

Well, I had been using the standard battery, so I pulled out the large capacity one that came with the phone. Still did not work. Am I in deep doo doo?
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

afraid to ask, where did you get it? there are several posts on this. Dont know if anyone got it working. does it work while plugged into a wall jack?
  5. chanster

chanster New Member

i got it straight from at&T in april.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Did you get insurance, if so take it back, if not take it to att and have them check the battery or the charger.
  7. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

What is the warranty period ... isn't it one year?
  8. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

one year...they could try to replace the battery. Or they may give you a new/refurb phone under warranty. Its simple really, just call ATT
  9. mispentyouth

mispentyouth New Member

I also am having this problem. It started with my black/silver Q9h last week. I called AT&T Thursday and after going through all the checks they decided to ship me a new phone, the grey pin-striped Q9h. I decided to stop into an AT&T store and they laughed when I pulled out my Q...they said people were bringing in Q's all day that day with the exact same problem! This makes me wonder if something isn't going out over AT&T's signal that might be causing this? Anyway, also while awaiting the new phone, I did a Master Reset and presto, the phone stopped rebooting...at least for a couple days. It started doing it again Monday. So I got the new Q9h in the mail yesterday and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and it is also doing the same thing!!! I tried 2 different batteries and 2 different chargers last week with the other phone so I do not believe that is the problem. Is anyone else having this problem or heard of a fix? I can't be without my cell phone! I dropped land line years ago.

Kevin
  10. Quantify

Quantify New Member

Just a thought...what apps are you loading on the phone? If you've got two phones behaving the same way...generally points to software, since there are no widespread hardware issues for the Q9h.
  11. mispentyouth

mispentyouth New Member

I haven't had a chance to load many apps onto it yet. So far I put SKTools, PHM Registry Editor (both of which I had on the previous phone) and the Youtube app (which I had not put on the previous phone). I don't put a lot of apps on anyway, I try to keep my phone's memory freed up as much as possible. On the previous phone I only had SKTools, PHM Registry Editor and Google Maps installed.

Quick note: aside from the AT&T store telling me many Q's started having this problem on the same day last week, the coworker sitting next to me emailed his daughter to see if her Q was doing this and she said yes, since the same day last week. This is another indication to me that there is something going out over the AT&T signal here...possibly even from one tower in particular. The coworker's daughter also works downtown just a few blocks away from us and the AT&T store I went to is also within 15 blocks or so. This did not happen over the weekend though, my home is about 10 miles away from downtown. It only started up again when I got into work this morning, which is also where my previous phone started doing it last week.
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

BUT . . . ATT has MORE BARS, MORE PLACES !!!! HA! Whodathunkit ??? :) -Q
  13. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Watch the sarcasm!! lol :)

ATT's been great to me, customer service, cell service, or otherwise....i've only got one gripe about the service. But i've mentioned it enough, i will refrain at this point.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Heeeeeee . . . yeah. I keep seeing all of their "Bar" commercials BUT I've NEVER seen a phone with FIVE bars on it. Hmmmmm . . . :) -Q
  15. mispentyouth

mispentyouth New Member

MINE has five bars on it...that is when the darn thing stays on for more than 30 seconds! haha
  16. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

With it continuously searching...i do ok. I'd just long for 3G....
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Geeeeezzzzzzz . . . I had NO idea. They are already advertising that 4G is coming. Maybe when that happens you'll get SIX bars. :) -Q
  18. mispentyouth

mispentyouth New Member

I've narrowed the problem down to most likely having to do with the downtown 3G network. While still downtown I entered the Band Select hack *#1546792*# then hit the Send button, then went into Settings > Phone > Networks > Band Selection then changing the band to 850/1900 (GSM) which put it on the Edge network. The phone stopped rebooting and worked fine. Now that I'm at home I switched it back to 3G and not a single problem. I'll leave it on 3G and see what happens when I go back into work in the morning.
  19. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeah, yeah . . . Good job there. Report back, will you?. TIA Very interesting. :) -Q
  20. mispentyouth

mispentyouth New Member

So the next day the phone had no problems downtown. I would imagine AT&T engineers by then had fixed whatever was wrong.