Q9h Global 3g/connection issues and no back light on keys

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by NeedQ9help, Sep 23, 2009.

1. NeedQ9help

NeedQ9help New Member

Q9h Global 3g/connection issues and no back light on keys

I will try and keep this short and to the point -
    I am in the USA trying to get the phones to work on the AT&T network.

I purchased an AT&T branded Q9h Global and was dropped and got all scratched up. I then purchased what I thought was another AT&T q9h global. It ended up being the euro version with no 3g. I took the phones into a wireless repair shop and they swaped out the silver att 3g board into the black euro version. It works on 3g but the backlighting on the keys do not work. The settings have been checked. Any way to replace the keypad or get it to light up again?

I then purchased another global q9h and the seller said would work on the 3g network. I can not get a 3g signal only Edge. It is different then the euro version where everything is english but no AT&T apps. Will this phone work on AT&T 3g? If so how?

Thanks for all the help in advance,

desperately need help getting a q9h working on 3g
  2. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

Have you checked with ATT to register the EIN#. If you don't have a PDA plan or a minimal internet access, the "3G" icon won't show, even though the phone is picking up 3G for voice. I know this because my old Razr 3vxx showed 3g, but when I upgraded to the q9h and gave it to my son, it didn't show the 3G icon. I got a new sim and still no luck. The ATT tech said that because the Razr had no minimal internet connection (there is one with ATT that you get about 1 mg and that is what I had on it, therefore the 3G showed). I took it off my son's so he wouldn't accidently access and run up charges, therefore it no longer showed, yet it still picks up the 3G voice signal as the Tech verified that.

Not sure about the key issue. If you swapped out the keys and they didn't work, can you return the keypad or whatever is was you swapped as it isn't working?