Q9H belt clip option for Q9N

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by macuser, Apr 18, 2009.

1. macuser

macuser New Member

Q9H belt clip option for Q9N

Not sure if this is of interest to readers here, but it appears that a Q9H belt clip can be made to work pretty effectively on a Q9N.

Here are three shots of the Q9n in a holster designed for the Q9h. The tab on the top of the holster was just ever so slightly wider than the slot on the top of the phone. A fine file resolved that issue.

Note that the Q9n does not fit tightly in the holster clip. I don't think I would carry it on a belt in this device. However, I carry my original Q in a plastic belt holster, but in a pocket with the clip on the outside. For me, this holster may be an ideal carry option for the Q9n.

- Dave

Attached Files:

2. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

I have one just like it. Pops off the phone real easy. Wouldn't give it to my best friend.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have one made for the Nap....Came in my Moto box... with my Nap!
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I'd trust it about as much as a coke head! Luv my Nap too much. I don't even know where mine is - I might have trashed it. :) -Q
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yep...I use a full cover, leather wallet type holster w/ covered slots for SIMs and SDs. I always use one for my Q9m/c also.
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Good choice - same here. I treat my dog that well too !! HA !!! :) -Q
  7. macuser

macuser New Member

Hey, Bill:

You're right. As I say, I don't think I would carry the phone in this on a belt with the phone exposed. Any little bump and it might jump out. Don't what that!

For me, the way I carry the current Q, it might work fine, though. It doesn't add to the "thickness" of the phone. The phone part would be protected in my front pocket with just the clip on the outside.

Admittedly, I haven't tried the Nap that way as yet. Just got the belt clip, for one thing, and haven't been successful yet in getting the Nap's MEID entered with Verizon. Hopefully a couple more days...

I will say, though, that a slight modification in the top tab seemed to help immensely. It was just a little too wide to fit into the slot on the top of the phone. Once corrected, it seemed to fit much better.

- Dave
  8. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

I got the same holster and modified the top as you did but i also needed to drill a hole for the center directional button because every time i snapped in the Q9n it would compress this button. Mine stays in very good with these modifications.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i supply a holster with all my naps. pm me if needed.
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Would this be a leather (like) full coverage, horizontal, good belt clip, extended battery acceptable type? Mine is getting kind of ratty but servicable. :) -Q
  11. mick4394

mick4394 Member

No. It's just a standard plastic clip. The phone is, pretty much, exposed.
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

OOOOOOOOOOO . . . no go then. If ya gave me one I'd chuck it in the trash which is where the first (free) one went. I understand why they are free. $300.00 phone in a $0.29 holster . . . do ya think??? :) -Q
  13. lildman

lildman New Member

One of the best leather cases came in the box with my original Q! Just a plain black leather pouch. Nap fits just fine nad you can't beat free!
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

AGREED, IT IS A GOOD ONE with THE moto LOGO on it. I have another non-logo one which is the one I've used for ALL my Qs from the beginning. :) -Q