q9c will no longer connect to computer via USB

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by allgoodthings, Jan 2, 2010.

1. allgoodthings

allgoodthings New Member

q9c will no longer connect to computer via USB

I've had my q9c for about 2 years and have long charged it via the USB cable (also to send files back and forth). Suddenly this has stopped working as when I plug the cable into the phone it does not show it is charging. I've tried switching USB ports too and still the same. Also the drive does not show up in My Computer when it's plugged in either.

The other strange thing is the battery life seems to be draining much quicker than before - 3 bars in a day with NO active use, only in standby mode. Any idea what's causing this?? I think the two problems are related.
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

2 years out of a battery is darn good, most start to die off after a year.

USB issue:
    try a different cable
    reinstall active sync/WMDC
    check the device manager on pc for any issues with the USB ports
  3. mking8288

mking8288 Member

Also, check Start Menu - Settings - Connections - USB to PC
    to see/verify or click/unclick Enable advanced network functionality.

Then, try reconnecting to your USB cable to the PC to see if MS ActiveSync will recognize the phone (as you recall, the dial should begin to spin when it's working properly).

Turning off the phone & then powering it back on before reconnecting the USB cable to the port could sometimes help restore/reset the link.

On the battery drain, check for any programs running under the Memory Manager - I try to minimize keeping anything unnecessary open by using the Kill All command. Frequent email check/sync. update also will drain the battery faster as the cells in the battery itself begin to age over time - changing the frequency to every 2 or 4 hours seemed to help on mine. For me, using an extended 1,600+ mAh battery is good for a full 24 hour day but it begin to slide on day 2 with moderate/heavy voice & data usage, especially with bluebooth ON & broadband ON.

Lastly, are your PRL updated as pinging the cell towers could unnecessary drain the battery.
  4. allgoodthings

allgoodthings New Member

This fixed it! I unclicked the Enable advanced network functionality on the phone and then tried plugging the USB cord and windows reinstalled the drivers and now it's working again. Many thanks!