Q9c vs. Mogul

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by time for company upgrade, Dec 5, 2007.

1. time for company upgrade

time for company upgrade New Member

Q9c vs. Mogul

Hello everyone. I am new to the cell phone PDA game. As you can see by my username my company is upgrading our cell phones and we have a contract with sprint. I am torn between the new Q9c and the Mogul. Does anyone have any suggestions between the 2 and why you chose the Q9c over the mogul? The only thing I need in a PDA is windows mobile so it can sync with our outlook exchange server and ease of use since I will be driving alot and I need to check e-mails and text. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. teksurv

teksurv New Member

I also use my phone for corporate Exchange mail delivery. I chose the Q9c because of it's size/form factor most of all.

The Mogul is a nice device, though many users claim there are several issues with it. It's also too large in terms of depth for my liking. The Q9c is feature rich, reliably delivers business email, and looks good too.
  3. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Every forum complains heavily about the mogul. I would go with the Q9c or if you wanted touch screen I would take a look at the HTC Touch. Unless a keyboard is a necessity then that leaves no choice it would would be the Moto Q9c hands down. BOO
  4. bigwh00p

bigwh00p New Member

I may be reading it wrong but please don't drive and read email/text at the same time ;)

Anyway, I chose the Q9 for it's form factor. It is thinner than the mogul while also featuring a qwerty keyboard. Although you are giving up screen size for it. I also like windows mobile standard for it's ease of use and one-handed operation.
  5. stine

stine New Member

Just switched from the mogul and couldn't be happier. The Q 9C is much snappier, mogul required reboots all the time.
  6. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I switched form the Org. Sprint Q to a Mogul and I love it. There are alot of bugs in the Mogul's software, but most of the issues have been addressed by the creation of Custom ROMS. HTC and Sprint have also corrected some of the issues with new ROMS. There was a major issue recently with the 2.16 ROM, but HTC and Sprint promised a fix by Nov. 28th and they did it! I'm running 2.17ROM now with now problems.

It really depends on what you want to be able to do. I loved my Moto Q and I have considered switch to a Moto Qc. I think I'm gonna want to see if Sprint gets a variation of the Kaiser first. I've also been looking into switching to AT&T and getting a Nokia 95 8GB.

My Mogul has been hacked and cracked with all of the Touch's goodies including the Touchflo Cube and the HTC Home Customizer. I can post screen shots if you need them.
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Not to mention the new Sprint/HTC ROM that will be out in the 1st quarter of next year unlocks the GPS antenna that is already built into the device.