Q9c & Infiniti G35x bluetooth problem!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by i1alian0, Jan 25, 2008.

1. mastbury

mastbury New Member

HACK for JVC KD-BT1 and Motorola Q9c

NOTE- this hack works perfectly for the JVC KD-BT1, which has a problem with hands-free connection similar to the problem with the Infinity. Thanks to qrankyqowner for coming up with this.

JVC KD BT1 review- in a nutshell, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better value when you want bluetooth audio, USB, and line-in functionality for an older vehicle. My 1999 Toyota Tacoma is now more tech-hip than my girlfriend's 2005 Acura! Unfortunately, Crutchfield lists the KD-BT1 as "discontinued".

2. BCZRX

BCZRX New Member

I forgot to mention, after all the advice I got it fixed and it is working well. Thanks again to everyone involved in this hack!:thumbup:
  3. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

I had a similar problem with every squeak, dong, ding, bell, etc. from the Q9c causing my Parrot CK3100 to cut-out the radio. It was very annoying, so I went into START-->BLUETOOTH MANAGER-->SETTINGS and then MENU-->ADVANCED and unchecked the box marked "Use Hands-free for standard audio." The result is that the phone still rings through the Parrot, and I still have complete hand-free capabilities (including Bluetooth and signal strength meters, caller ID, contact synchronization, etc.), but the car's audio system is no longer is interrupted by sounds made by the phone when e-mail or text messages arrive, reminders occur, etc.

HTH!

Scott
  4. ajleiwant

ajleiwant New Member

Also got my 9c to work with my Infiniti with Nav - Thanks all. One question. I forgot to write down the origional hex for bdaddr. Anyone have it (for my records)?
  5. ht_dave

ht_dave New Member

I'm having a problems with the nav system in my 2008 Nissan as well. I'll try out this hack to see if it helps.

Can anyone explain what the changes are doing?

My old MotoQ seemed to work just fine, but the Q9C is trouble....
  6. ajleiwant

ajleiwant New Member

Bluetooth

I had the regular Q also and it had no problem with the infiniti with Nav. The 9c was a different bird. The hack seems to have it working with the car and, so far, I haven't come across any adverse properties. I don't know the mechanics of the changes.
  7. dannns

dannns New Member

Hi, I'm having similar problems with a Sprint Q9c and a Hyundai Genesis with the Lexicon Nav. I've tried with a Motorola Q and the Palm Centro, and both work perfectly, but not the Q9c. My specific problem is that it stays in the connecting call screen, and once you end the call, you cannot call again until bluetooth is disconnected, and during that time regular audio is muted. However this hack is not doing the trick. Is it only for Verizon, if so can anybody with Verizon email me the entire Widcomm registry section (export the .reg file) to compare it with mine to --mynickname--@gmail.com?

Edit: I gave up, bought a Mogul and everything is great now!
  8. ksoze

ksoze New Member

Best hack - a lifesaver

Struggled with Q9M pairing connection to a 2008 G35 - gave up and figured I would be hitting hang up, back and waiting 30 seconds every car start up. This worked out the gate and no issues so far. Still in the habit however of checking to see if I need to do the hang up thing every time I get in car. Thanks.
  9. rcw2016

rcw2016 New Member

Worked Like a Charm

I am curious as to how and why this works, but it certainly does work.

I have a 2008 BMW 328xi, and BT worked fantastic when my Q9c only had WM 6.0. As soon as I upgraded to WM 6.1, I began to have trouble. My phone would freeze or experience long delays upon connecting, and when I was able to make a call, it would imtermittently disconnect and reconnect with the BT.

I applied this hack yesterday and have not had the issues anymore. Everything seems to work well, and the phone is no longer frozen while in the car.

Thanks!

:2cool::thumbup::w00t::biggrin:
  10. sdmorgenthau

sdmorgenthau New Member

Worked with 08 Infiniti G37S With Nav Package

Found this thread thru Google, and joined the Forum at 11:00AM. Finished and tested the hack at 11:30, and it worked PERFECTLY on my 08 Infinity G37 S with NAV.

Big thanks!

-Spencer
  11. sdmorgenthau

sdmorgenthau New Member

Bdaddr original hex:

Bdaddr Default: 74 4A 1F 8D 1E 00
  12. CLegg78

CLegg78 New Member

Hey guys,

I had the issues like you folks posted earlier and this hack fixed them with an aftermarket FISCON hands free setup. But one outstanding thing that I am curious if I maybe missed, is the phone book wont sync with the device.

The MFG claims that a Moto Q9h from AT&T syncs fine, I have a Q9C from VZW that doesnt sync any of the phone book (running WM6.1 which is supposed to have enhanced contact list sharing via BT from what I read).

I know this is a bit off topic from the thread, but I didnt know if this is some simple registry hack to open up the contact list/phone book over BT to a handsfree device.

THanks for the hack info earlier in this thread - it worked like a charm to stablilize the hands free functionality.
  13. evlthoma

evlthoma New Member

Solved all my issues with between my Moto Q9m and my 2006 BMW 530xi.

Awesome!!!

14. varigond

varigond New Member

I used the registry hack described in this thread to fix the problem where my Garmin c550 GPS unit connected via bluetooth to my Q9c keeps showing in-call status even after the end of a call.

But I have the same new problem of the phone address book not showing in the GPS display. Can anyone kindly point me to fix or a different thread where this issue may be under discussion?

EDIT: I was mistaken. There is no problem with the phone address book showing up on the Garmin GPS unit screen. My Garmin has a separate button to display the address book (separate from the "dial" button which shows the digits & letters) unlike the interface on the Moto Q phone itself.
  15. sonoflavadome

sonoflavadome New Member

Incredible! Solved every problem I was having getting my Q9c to pair up properly with my Garmin c550. THANKS!
  16. terps4

terps4 New Member

I'm posting this because I didn't see anything about problems with Audi navigation systems. I have a 2007 Audi S4 with RNS-E. As others have reported, it fixed all my problems with bluetooth pairing between my Verizon Q9c and my car.

This really needs to be a sticky for the Q9c.

17. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

GREAT hack. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:
  18. shwa311

shwa311 New Member

Anyone Still Watching This Thread...?

(Sprint Q9c)

Need help with the connection to my wifes new 2008 Mini Cooper.

Before this hack it acted very similar to the above mentioned. Get into the car and it automatically thinks its in a call. If I end the "data connection" (internet connection) things would act normally. That is untill a data connection was established again.

I tried this hack and it looked hopefull. Now when I get it (even with data active) everything looks ok except...
    1. Cannot make a call from the Q9c and have it connect to the BT in car.
    2. Cannot except calls over BT
    3. CAN make a call out from the car computer and things connect but now when I end the call (either from the phone or car) it does not dissconnect on the car side. it say "connecting" and just sits there. Only way out of this is to disable/enable BT.

ANYONE? Please help! My wife is very dissapointed.

Thanks in advance.
  19. qrankyqowner

qrankyqowner New Member

Sorry Shwa311,

Without the phone + vehical + BT sniffer, there's nothing I can offer. It's possible the phone isn't the problem, the BT stack on the Mini might have a bug. Does anyone in your household have a different BT phone (perfer non-Smartphone) you can try just to confirm if it is your Q or your Car?

Also - Try the BMW forums, maybe the electronics are common . It's possible there is a BMW hack that will work for your Mini.
  20. HondaHater

HondaHater New Member

I'm having the same issues even after the hack on my Pioneer AVIC-F900BT. Any help??