Q9c & Infiniti G35x bluetooth problem!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by i1alian0, Jan 25, 2008.

1. i1alian0

i1alian0 New Member

Q9c & Infiniti G35x bluetooth problem!!

I used to have the katana - and in my car it worked flawlessly with the system. Calls would interrupt the radio, but texts wouldn't.

With the q9c - calls, emails, texts all interrupt the radio and make the "In a call" screen appear on my navigation system.

Is this a problem with the phone? are my settings right?
  2. brianmoberg

brianmoberg New Member

Q9c DOES Have Bluetooth Problems

Your expirence is very similar to mine. I have been through about 5 brand new Q9c phones trying to get bluetooth functionality. I have tried several Parrot kits (CK3100, 3200 LS COLOR) as well as factory bluetooth systems in late model Cadillacs including a 2006 STS with Navigation. 90-95% of the time there are significant problems including audio not being properly routed through the bluetooth speakers and phonebook not syncing consistantly. The most repeatable problem is the one mentioned in the first post. Upon pairing with the bluetooth kit the bluetooth kit always responds as if a call is in progress. (Sometimes placing and hanging up an actual call will allow temporary functionality.) I like the Q9c quite a bit and would very much like to see a solution so I can return to using the phone but for now I'm using a V9m because the bluetooth issues are a deal breaker. The Q9c does appear to work okay with standard bluetooth headsets but bluetooth units that have caller ID display and phonebook sync features are not yet compatable.

Someone out there has to have at least a basic understanding of these issues. Please enlighten me and help me find a solution!
  3. theoski

theoski New Member

Same for me. Using JVC KD-BT1. The weirdest part is that Motorola Q9 Global works. I even check all the settings in registery to see if there is any difference. I am using mine Q9C mainly to stream radio and using an external plantronics headset for phonecalls.
  4. MarcNunez

MarcNunez New Member

Italiano-

I used to have a Katana and I drive a G35xS as well. I had the same problem you do, and the only work-around I have found is to place a call when you get in your car (I usually just call my voicemail) then hang up...after that you won't get the interruptions.
  5. qrankyqowner

qrankyqowner New Member

Hack for Moto Q 9m/9c incompatibility with Infiniti

This hack will fix Bluetooth handsfree issues many people experience when pairing a Moto Q 9 series with Infiniti automobiles. It requires that you modify the registry to reconfigure the Bluetooth internal settings. Like any registry modification, perform at your own risk. If you accidently brick your phone - it's all you.

I tested this on Verizon branded Moto Q 9m and 9c models and it works when paired with a 2008 Inifiniti QX56 with tech package or a 2007 Infiniti G35 with tech. No other parings have been tested.

I haven't noticed any side effects to the phone's compatibility with other Bluetooth devices so far. If you experience side effects (like headset incompatibility or problems connecting to your PC) please post and we'll try some modifications to the hack...

Special thanks to Stuart Preston's blog for providing an easy sequence for editing the registry on a carrier locked Q. For additional information on enabling the RAPI please refer to that page at:

http://blogs.conchango.com/stuartpreston/archive/2005/11/10/2376.aspx

THE Q/INFINITI HACK:
    1. Install a local Registry Editor
    2. Enable RAPI and user provided certificates so a registry editor will work
    1. Navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\
    2. Click "Values" soft-key
    3. Change "00001001" value to 1 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 2)
    4. Change "00001005" value to 40 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 16)
    5. Reboot device.
    3. [OPTIONAL] Install Mobile Registry Editor on the PC to do the rest of the hack
    4. Modify the HandsFree plug-in:
    HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree
    i. Change SupportedFeatures to 45 (default is 1135)
    ii. Add value HFBDA binary, set to same value as LastConnectedBda
    iii. Add value HFDeviceType decimal 2
    5. Modify the WIDCOMM bluetooth general settings:
    HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General
    i. Change bdaddr to (no value)
    ii. Change DisableReopenAudio to 0 (default is 1)
    6. Reboot device

Enjoy finally having your Q and your Infiniti without having to "hang up" for 30 seconds every time you get in the car and without worring whether the first connect attempt will be your last.

Post feedback as you field test the hack. Someone should test this with NISSAN branded cars that have the same issue - I'll bet it works on Armada and others.

Technical: The Q uses the Widcomm Bluetooth stack, not the Microsoft stack. Normally Widcomm is considered better than what Microsoft ships with Windows Mobile but unfortunately Q 9 series phones are configured with settings that don't work with late model NAV equipped Infiniti cars.
  6. MarcNunez

MarcNunez New Member

Wow, that worked like a charm...this is my favorite hack yet!

No more annoying call, hang up, call again!

Thanks...times InfinitY
  7. fiyahdave

fiyahdave New Member

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima that was previously working just fine with a Moto Q (WM 5) and upon switching to Sprint Q9C WM 6.1 the bluetooth was a disaster. Your hack worked PERFECTLY. Excellent job and thank you for sharing.
  8. singleshot

singleshot New Member

Hello - I'm having a slight problem with the above hack. I'm stuck on 4 ii and iii. I'm not quite sure how to enter these new values. I see how to create a new value, but am not exactly how to proceed.

Any help is appreciated. You can email me at adderusa@comcast.net

Thanks
  9. fiyahdave

fiyahdave New Member

Write down the values from LastConnectedBda (hit values to see the entire list)

Then create the new value HFBDA binary value and input the same values...this part is straight forward.

For the next part create a new value DWORD (this is the key) HFDeviceType and set the decimal value to 2.
  10. singleshot

singleshot New Member

I guess I'm having trouble seeing where LastConnectedBda is located. I don't see it listed under HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree

Am I looking in the wrong place?
  11. fiyahdave

fiyahdave New Member

It's in there. Go in there and hit the values softkey...you should see it on your list. Maybe pair the phone with a device first...then check the reg key again. Not sure, but I've done this on 2 phones and the value key was definitely there.
  12. singleshot

singleshot New Member

Ok. I paired it with my vehicle and it looks like it's there now. But now I can't seem to make bdaddr have no value. When I delete the entry thats in there and reboot...it comes back. Any thoughts?
  13. fiyahdave

fiyahdave New Member

Follow all the steps, don't bother to check on what happens after. Follow each step...reboot the phone again at the end and it should work fine.
  14. BCZRX

BCZRX New Member

So, from the posts in this thread, does this mean there are problems with both Lexus/Nissan Bluetooth devices and Parrot bluetooth devices?

I'm having no problems with the Motorola visor-mount system I bought [something 505] BUT my wife is having the EXACT same problem with my aftermarket Kenwood stereo headunit and the Parrot bluetooth system.

However my Samsung ACE has NO similar problems with the setup.

If I am reading this hack properly, I can hack it to work better with the Parrot bluetooth and it won't make other bluetooth devices work more poorly?

Also it seems that I can just reverse the hack if I write down all the steps taken and values used, and return the Q9C to it's original state, Correct?
  15. qrankyqowner

qrankyqowner New Member

Does it seem to work fine without clearing bdaddr?

If so, then call it a day.

16. qrankyqowner

qrankyqowner New Member

Yep, you are looking in the right place.

1) Look again. Maybe you missed it.

2) What carrier brand is your phone (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)?

If the key truly isn't there, are there any keys in that section with BDA in the name?
  17. qrankyqowner

qrankyqowner New Member

I tried a Q 9 series (no hack ) on a 2008 Lexus and it works fine. The problem seems to be Infiniti+Nav. I'm assuming Nissan has the same issue.

The hack is 100% reversible. There's nothing to lose but time in trying it. Just make sure you reboot. As for side effects with other devices...I dunno. Tell us what happens.
  18. BCZRX

BCZRX New Member

OK, I've just followed the directions on this hack [I believe] to the 't'.

I ran into two problems:

First was creating a HFBDA Binary value. That wasn't an option in the 'new' menu key. So I Duplicated the Last ConnectedBDA and renamed it to 'HFBDA'. I don't think that's a problem?

The second was that I CAN'T get my phone to change anything in Bdaddr. I can deleate the ENTIRE entry, but I can't change it's values to an empty space. I can't backspace and 'menu' doesn't pop up when I'm in it: only 'Cancel' does.

After a couple more reads I noticed qrankyowner say to ignore it. So I'll try that.

Is 'duplicating' and changing the name a problem?
  19. seefactor

seefactor New Member

Hi All...a new member to this group, a new Q9c (Sprint) owner and a formerly at-wits-end G35x owner...thanks to all and especially QRANKY for posting/compiling the awesome step by step hack instructions! I have been going back and forth with Parrot for the last 3 weeks to no avail.
    A followup queston...does the address book port over to the Parrot? If not, I can live with handsfree by itself!
    thx
    greg
  20. shosper

shosper New Member

Infinity bluetooth hack also works on UConnect

I was having similar issues with the MyGig (UConnect) unit in my 2008 Jeep Wrangler and my Verizon Q9c. I stumbled across this thread by accident and thought I'd give it a try. It seems to work flawlessly! :w00t: Thanks for this great hack! It's so much more enjoyable driving without my radio cutting out everytime I get an email or text message. Thanks!