Q9c 6.1 Update

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by GGranello, Jun 17, 2008.

1. buck q

buck q New Member

how

do i need to use active sync or just go to the link i went to the link and it does not say that it has the 6.1 it has the jpeg update
  2. buck q

buck q New Member

not very good with this stuff
  3. buck q

buck q New Member

if anyone can help im or email me

mchlharp@yahoo.com
    help to update windows to 6.1 email me
  4. Zinja

Zinja New Member

I recommend using activesync. Yes. I believe it is required. I could be mistaken.
  5. Zinja

Zinja New Member

BuckQ, did you figure out the update? Much success???
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

We worked on it a bit through PM, it think it got worked out. just provided a different link.
  7. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

not sure why everyone is saying to stay away from vista. thats how i did my update and it worked flawlessly. plus mobile device center is much nicer than active sync. just my 2cents.
  8. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

I agree, No issues with Vista and I LOVE Mobile Device Center work 1st try perfectly!
  9. Zinja

Zinja New Member

Wish I had Vista. I refuse to pay that much for it though....
  10. mb99zz

mb99zz New Member

Hello,

I'm upgrading to 6.1 as I type. The first part went very quickly. Then I got to a screen that asked me to:

1). Disconnect your device from USB cable
    2). Restart your device
    3). Reconnect your device with USB cable to complete sw installation.

I did as told. I reconnect the Q9c to the usb cable just after the Q started it's reboot. Now, the Q is showing the "M" symbol and my PC is just sitting here. I think it's been like this now for 20 minutes. Thoughts?????
  11. envi923

envi923 New Member

I upgraded to 6.1 with Vista as well with zero problems. I used my laptop w/ XP to update my bf's and the only problem I had at first was the update software not detecting the phone. Once detected the update went smoothly.

-sent from Q9c
  12. JMak

JMak New Member

mb99, hopefully you got it working. If not, you can't connect your phone to the pc until the phone is completely booted up. Then connect via ActiveSync.

GGood luck!
  13. GGranello

GGranello New Member

Q9c 6.1 Update

After clearing all the other issues that where not part of this thread originally, and seeing that more people than me having issues, I wonder why nobody is helping out with the File for the upgrade. What's the issue people? Everyone that upgraded a Sprint Q9c to WM6.1 has the darn Firmware File on the Harddisk. It's in the "Program Files\Motorola\Software Update\Firmware" folder. Everyone that did the upgrade get's the same file, so it is not that one would give up some personalized data. I'm not trying to do anything illeagal here, It just so happens that the officially intened way is simply not working, hence I need to use "plan B" with RSD Lite. That is a proven way to reliably upgrade and since I own the Sprint Q9c I should not break any laws in doing it this way. From this perspective I'm somewhat dissapointed that so far nobody is willing to help. Again, I'm not asking to steal anything or so, just to help a fellow user so he can use his Phone.....

Thanks for reading.

GG
  14. miro

miro New Member

Honestly, I checked the first time you asked and although the folder you mentioned does exist, it is empty on my machine. I'm assuming it gets removed after upgrade, unless the Vista file management is actually storing it somewhere else.

I can try a full search if you know the actual file name (or any part of it)...?
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I have a 3.08kb file in that folder. I doubt that's the one you're looking for.
  16. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

Folder is empty over here as well. I just can't understand how so many people have upgraded but YOU can't, so now the whole thing doesn't work.
  17. GGranello

GGranello New Member

Q9c 6.1 Update (again....SOLVED)

All,

Thanks for all suggesttions. After having a somewhat serious discussion with the local Sprint Service Center (and short of getting a gun to hold them hostage) the tech agreed to flash the Q9c to 6.1 hence it works as of today. Neither Motorola nor Sprint Tech Service where of any useful help. The third trip to the Service Center finally yielded a result even so it took anything from sweet talk to outright threads. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and help.

For those that tried finding the file(s) for me, the mistake i made there in describing where the files are is that they will be indeed deleted when you exit the firmware update program. Apperantly I had it still active when i looked - hence the files where there. Thanks for trying again!

GG
  18. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

glad you got it, and you're welcome. I'm always happy to help.