Q9C 2.5mm jack issue

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by PACanesFAn, Nov 13, 2008.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

WOOHOO!! Glad this worked out for you and I'll bookmark this post because lots of people ask this question. Kudos, my friend! (So when are you going to start mass production? :tounge: )
  2. tully2

tully2 New Member

:) Not until I find some solution for the voice recognition/autodialing problems I have. Been searching for hours and the best I've found so far is a possibility that a 47 ohm resistor in parallel with a switch between the mic and ground might help but that's a remote chance, though it shouldn't be hard to try. If that doesn't work, I guess I may need to start looking at mortscript or the wm api soon.

Am surprised that a Control Panel better than the Settings app doesn't exist for wm phones. Disabling Voice Recognition and Autodial should be simple but I can find no registry or xml settings that do it, only indications of placing an empty voicerecognition.exe file in the \windows directory to bypass the ROM file version. Which still doesn't fix the far more serious autodial problem. Autodialing the last called number without any explicit user request or confirmation should never ever happen.

Seems like the cracker community would have lots of fun exploiting the security holes in wm. But I really shouldn't be surprised because it is M$ after all. Hurry up Android or MobiLinux! I got this great phone that really needs you! ;)
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

Amen, brother! :tounge: