q9 keyboard light problem

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by MikeStew, Mar 12, 2008.

1. MikeStew

MikeStew New Member

q9 keyboard light problem

My q9 does not light up the keyboard at certain times. It chooses to only light up when it wants. this is the secondq i have had in the last two weeks, both have had this problem maybe im just nuts and it never lights up but wtf is goin on?
  2. jmaynard1986

jmaynard1986 New Member

There is a "smart backlight" setting in the Q settings that uses the little "eye" in top right hand corner to sense if the backlight needs turned on.... if you disable that, then go to Power Management, I think you can enter another time limit for ur backlight...

hope this helps!

(on Q)
  3. MikeStew

MikeStew New Member

i have tried to get this to work, i disabled my smart whatever piece of crap and it still does not light up the phone is brand new and i also had the same problem on my previous q.....is this just a default problem?
  4. kbluna

kbluna New Member

Numerous people have said the same thing, it is just the Q, happens to me all the time.
  5. MikeStew

MikeStew New Member

well the q has way too many of these little inconvienient bs problems that seem to have no solution. Since i jus got the phone i believe im gonna go get the new blackberry world edition
  6. kbluna

kbluna New Member

It has been out since 5/28/07, if you were going to go with a Blackberry, I would go with the 8130, that way you atleast have a camera, and it has only been out since 11/8/07.
  7. MikeStew

MikeStew New Member

i dont like how the pearl has two letters on each key, also how important is a camera?
  8. kbluna

kbluna New Member

Good point, I don't use my camera very often, I just like to know its there if I need it. Good luck
  9. If you want to receive mms, then it has to be sent to your email. You have to have the unlimited 34.95 BB data plan (non corporate use) or the 44.95 data plan. There is no pay as you go for data as there is for other smartphone.
  10. kbluna

kbluna New Member

Its $29.99 for the data plan here in Rochester Ny. (non corporate)
  11. Yeah my bad, I was factoring in texting as well.