Q9 Global and Windows Live

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by jpwoof, Jan 11, 2008.

1. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Still working great today! Anyone else try it?
  2. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

I had tried the same with the CAB, but I really like the integrated manner in which the Q9H's built in WL is setup. I hope MS comes up with a solution.
  3. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

As a point of clarification, this .cab replaces the built in WL on the Q9h. It integrates the same way as the original. If you have the Windows Live homescreen, you will see no difference. It shows up like the original! It is able to be removed and the original comes back. Apparently part of the issue is in the way the stock version sync's the first time the device cause a large amount of data to be sent to the phone which if you're on a slow connection, times out and WL flaggs the server as unavailable and won't try to use it again. If you do the initial sync on a hi speed connection (via a laptop or desktop DSL/cable connection) you can then disconnect the phone from activesync and followup syncs can be done on the AT&T network without issue (until you reset the phone or lose data services for a period of time).

This .cab does not pull over the same amount of info (I'm not sure what exactly is omitted) but it works 100% of the time. If you haven't tried this particular .cab that I posted on my webserver, try it...if you don't like it...remove it :)
  4. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

Great work then, I hope that I wont need it on my replacment phone :) But if I do, I know that you did work that MS cant! For the record, I could get my phone to sync WL the first time on an EDGE connnection, and it still failed upon reboot. When I was on a 3G network, it would exhibit the same problem, first time ok (not always either I might add), then it would not work after a reboot.
  5. Gbirdwell

Gbirdwell New Member

I think I posted this question in another area not related to the Q9. Sorry
    I just downloaded WLS and was wondering if the GPS is used or if it uses the cell phone data plan that costs?

Thanks
  6. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

WLS primarily uses your data plan to get its info. It does use the onboard GPS for its mapping function but the maps are provided to your phone dynamicaly from the WLS servers to your phone. My suggestion is to have an unlimited data plan :)
  7. ernest_feist@msn.com

ernest_feist@msn.com New Member

Great job on the Windows Live fix. I have just completed it a nd so far so good. I had been using ATT's xpress mail (free with phone) to get my MSN email as an interim fix but that would not allow html email format. This seem to work great. Thanks for your hard work acedj123
  8. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Glad it's working for you! It's been almost a week for me and the fix has been working without issue. At this point, I could care less if the Microsoft fixes the problem on the client end or not. It's a good thing there are some talented people out there who can fix problems a multi-billion dollar company can't ;)
  9. ernest_feist@msn.com

If anyone else was using ATT Xpress mail as a workaround and you chose to remove it from your phone, make sure you disable "push email" in the Xpress settings before removing the program. If not, your phone will start recieving text messages that were ment to trigger xpress to pull your email from the server.
  10. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

But at most the txt msgs are not a big deal, you will get exactly 4 from an odd number and odd msg. It will stop after that. If not, you need to reinstall xpressmail, and turn off the push email setting, the uninstall the program, and youll be fine again.
  11. ernest_feist@msn.com

You are correct.
  12. ernest_feist@msn.com

Update on this issue. I had to replace my Moto Q Global under warrentee(screen problem) and sure enough, I establish my Windows Live account with the built in software and it works. So far, no soft reset issues. Go figure.
  13. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

Good to hear that, just like mine after I got the replacement. No problems since.
  14. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

IN the last few days my installed WL has stopped sync'ing. Messenger works fine, but my hotmail wont update. Also, my contacts (outlook and WL) are all screwed up. Ill get a call from "Bob" but it will not show up as someone else in my contacts.
  15. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Probably a good thing....the Bob thing and all! :)
  16. ernest_feist@msn.com

I just noticed that attachments will not download. Get the message that "attachments will download next time connected" but that never happens. The new Apple iPhone with exchange support and 3G is starting to look good. I hear a June release is coming.
  17. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

Yes Im ready to ditch motorola and would like to leave ATT as well, but they have attractive phones. The Bold looks good as well.
  18. Plomerus

Plomerus New Member

Well I've read through all these posts and see there's something of a fix here, but being a newbie, I figured I'd ask a couple questions before attempting the fix myself.

The scenario: I just got this Moto Q9H from ATT about a week ago; everything was working perfectly fine until this morning, and suddenly I can no longer sign into WLM via the IM function - I keep getting an error message that says "Unable to connect to the data network. Please ensure that the phone is not in flight mode and that your current data settings are correct" - followed by some instructions on how to change the settings.

So, I called ATT about this twice and both CS reps walked me through my connection settings and everything was set up correctly.

Also, I have no problem signing into MSN messenger via Media Net or Internet Explorer, but it's a bit inconvenient and I'm not sure how well the application will work that way.

No problems logging into AIM or Yahoo. No problems getting updates on emails via Xpress Mail. Just the WLM/MSN messenger issue.

This sounds like the same problem everyone's been discussing in this thread, and I would really like to get it sorted as I typically left WLM on all day - would prefer to continue doing so through integrated IM features of the phone/software.

SO, my questions are as follows:

1. Any follow up as to whether or not MS has come up with a fix yet?

2. As far as the fix that was posted.....from what I've gathered this involved syncing with my home computer to transfer the downloads? - I've got another problem related to that....I can't even run the Moto Q start up CD Rom on this archaic computer, so I've not been able to sync a damn thing yet.....

Can I download the necessary files directly to my phone using Media Net and save them to my memory card or directly to the device?

As far as the application unlock, do I need any codes or permissions from ATT or can I just do it myself following the instructions in the link provided?

Let me just state that I'm totally "green" as far as this device is concerned (and tech stuff in general) so I apologize if my questions have obvious answers....I just want everything to work the way it should! I am otherwise very pleased with the phone, but for its price and the cost of ATT's services everything SHOULD work perfectly right?

Any help, guidance, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  19. Gvygal

Gvygal New Member

Hotmail access

Use this link to remedy problem http://wl.windowsmobile.com/. It will reset mobile live and get your hotmail access working.
  20. thelate1

thelate1 New Member

i'm having the same issue. WL account doesn't show up under messaging. haven't tried the link posted yet. this is so frustrating....