Q11 for Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by brettgus, Feb 18, 2009.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

no way! twice? where's SagaBob? haha.... =)
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I think brandon.roeder had one, but I'm not sure I he is still using it or not.
  3. shonz

shonz New Member

Latest post from Endgaget

Unfortunately, the globe-trotting successor to the Motorola Q, which we had reviewed, will still be sporting [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Windows [COLOR=blue ! important]Mobile[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] 6.1 Standard. Especially now that we have gotten a glimpse of 6.5, this is kind of devastating as the phone looks good. The new Napoleon should conquer the world, at least using Verizon Wireless' network, with GSM roaming for overseas coverage and CDMA/EVDO for State-side support.

The device has appeared some time ago, and disappeared without a release. Now, it's popping its head up again, and the thing comes with a biometric fingerprint [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]scanner[/COLOR][/COLOR] for paranoid corporate execs. The device would have fared a lot better against [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]BlackBerry[/COLOR][/COLOR] users who may want to drop their Curve for this one. Unfortunately, a QVGA screen may drive people to a more high-resolution BlackBerry Bold or Storm with display resolutions being upped. Better yet, an HTC device with Windows Mobile 6.5 and high resolution display may be worth the wait.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

@shonz

that is referencing a phonearena article
    we still believe that Q is dead and this is misinformation

our own resident Moto Engineer has stated the Q is dead and the Napoleon is not coming out

so unless something ridiculous happens i wouldnt count on seeing this released by verizon
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

my guess (as I speculated over at pocketnow)
    is that someone saw the Q9n(s) for sale on ebay and wrote the article based on that
  6. n99hockey

i would have to agree or some variation upon that (friend had one, craigslist, saw them on EQ:laugh2:)

notice they didnt show the sides
    would be pretty funny if they said 'Engineering Sample' like the ones in circulation now
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YUP!! YOU are correct puckster. My Nap is the last - the very last - the last last. These peeps are sick to spread this manure. -RIP
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Read the post your pets thread and you'll know where I was most of the day. <G>

According to Phone Scoop....

Saga: Processor384 MHz MSM7500

HTC Touch Pro:

Processor528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7500a

So faster, but not 2x.
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

We have a resident Moto Engineer?
  10. n99hockey

yup
    we do:laugh2:
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Is is a big secret who it is? <G>
  12. n99hockey

well im not sure if the member wants it widely known so ill keep quite but that member is more than welcome to say....
    and also deny this rumor thats been posted by engadget, wmexperts, phonearena:laugh2:
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

okdokeeeeeee (10 letter limit workaround)
  14. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Napoleon

Napoleon back out in the press"

see : www.pocketnow.com
    and : www.intomobile.com
    and : www.engadgetmobile.com
  15. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

16. sdwhwk

sdwhwk New Member

I talked to a Verizon Lead Tech at one of their stores and he said that the Moto rep said at a meeting that there was going to be a replacement for the q9, just he forgot what it was (or pulling my chain and knew, but wasn't tellin'). So if someone can get a hold of a rep, they would know for sure. If I was still working in retail, I would find out for y'all just to put this to rest.
  17. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it pretty much had been put to rest (since this thread has been dead for 2 months). pair that with moto's announcement that it's going to be at least 7 months before they make a phone with WinMo again.