Q11 for Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by brettgus, Feb 18, 2009.

1. brettgus

brettgus New Member

Q11 for Verizon

I just tried ordering a Q9 warranty replacement for one of our employees lines at work... and verizon's 800 number told me they don't have any in stock at their 800 number. They also have removed it from Verizon's website. I talked to the local store and they said they're not carrying it anymore.

Now, I know everybody has mentioned that the Q11 is a GSM phone, but I think that this is a pretty strong indicator that they're going to be releasing a new Q. I mean, they wouldn't stop carrying the product line altogether, right?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the Q is dead sadly
    the Q11 is only being released abroad

sorry...
    check out our marketplace/ebay/craigslist if you really want one
  3. brettgus

brettgus New Member

What!?! I love that phone for our sales people. It's such a workhorse... easy to use and dependable. Doesn't require an extra server either (*cough* BES *cough*). Any suggestions on a replacement smartphone?
  4. n99hockey

i know
    we love the Q and well are pretty upset about it too

some people are making there way to BB others to the Saga (which is Q like) and the Omnia

i still have a Q so i cant really make a recommendation
    check around at some of the other threads and see where they are headed...we now have a Saga and Omnia Forum with some pretty good reviews

good luck:frown:
  5. dowop

dowop New Member

The other WM phones are one thing, but call quality and fit and finish is superior on a Motorola phone. IMHO, the only other WM phone that I would consider would be a Palm. Except for the Centro, they are built like tanks. Problem is Verizon doesn't carry them any longer either.
  6. i wouldn't take a free treo.
    I had the 650 and it was trouble.

the insurance carriers have the 9ms and c's in stock.
  7. dowop

dowop New Member

That's interesting... my 650 was a workhorse and my wifes 700wx has been perfect - better in many respects than my Q or BB.
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Having had the Saga for 2 months now and the Q for 2 years prior to that, I would have to say that the Saga call quaility is every bit as good as the Q if not better and the same with the fit/finish/build, whatever you want to call it. Also, since the Saga does not suffer from that annoying screen buzz the Q did, I'd rate it better than the Q, because you can hold it to your ear for the first portion of the phone call.

Battery life with my extended battery is excellent. Today as an example, I checked email all day long due to being in meetings, did some surfing, did 5-6 calls of 4-5 minutes each, and had BT on and finished the day at 82%.
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

As Scott said, you may want to consider the Saga as well. It's very Q like, but better, in my opinion, in a number of regards. The keyboard feel is excellent, weight and one-handed use is no problem, anyone I've showed the optical mouse to has been amazed at the responsiveness and ease of use, etc.

Have no idea of your needs of course, but given how similar the Saga is to the Q and in many ways superior, it may deserve a strong look from you.
  10. bmar29

bmar29 Member

isnt the Q9n coming to verizon?
  11. n99hockey

no its not...
  12. bmar29

bmar29 Member

13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

The Q9n was for government use, and never intended to enter the consumer market.
  14. n99hockey

15. brettgus

brettgus New Member

Well, I called back to tell them I wanted to replace it with a Saga, and low and behold the other rep told me it turned out they had 2000 replacment Q9s left in stock. So I ended up ordering one of those. The Saga does look like a nice replacement for when the next sales rep phone dies.
  16. n99hockey

awesome
    enjoy the Q9c!
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Please trust me when I tell you . . . There will be NO MORE Q's of any "letter" flavor from Motorola. The series has died. Sorry . . . I am too. RIP
  18. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

I wonder if they will even attempt to release the napoleon that looks like a power house phone that could succeed I see theres one on ebay now and ive heard that there are a couple in the wild
  19. auditech03

auditech03 New Member

What about the HTC Touch Pro? Has anybody used that phone? I was talking to a Verizon Rep and they said that the Touch was twice as fast as the Saga.
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

you could read the q9n threads right here at eq and see quite a few already have it and..and..get some tips of which ones you should or shouldnt buy!!