Q Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by Qluver, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Qluver

Qluver New Member

2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure I like the look. I realize they are decals, but they really do look like someone posted a bumper sticker on a Q. Just my personal opinion. I doubt it is resuable.

I'd be hesitant to buy something from someone with 21 negatives in the previous month. In defense of the seller, there are quite a few positive comments. At $13 w/ shipping, it's not a great risk if it doesn't work out.

-Chris
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

4. CMantis

CMantis New Member

I have heard, and can imagine, that those are difficult to install especially around the buttons.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes, i would think so although i have no experience with any of them... i like the gun metal silver look :}
  6. jc1

jc1 New Member

skinit Q skin

I purchased 2 "skins" from skinit.com today. I have a buddy that has a razor that has a skin from them and many folks I work with (Dell) have them on thier notebooks, back of the LCD.

The "skin" is like a really really thick sticker, it is extremely rigid for a "sticker". I will post pics of it once I get them and put them on. Skinit is pretty sweet though, you can upload your own pic and custom design the skin the way you want it if you dont buy a pre made design. They are high quality and supposed to be able to remove them and reuse them. I have read that they "might" leave a slight glue residue, but I also read from users that it left nothing when they removed it and perhaps you would get that if you left it on for a very long time.

If you do order any use the coupon code skinit20 for 20% off :wink:

http://www.skinit.com/skins/
  7. jc1

jc1 New Member

oh yeah brand new member here, freakin great site glad to be here. Found tons of great info so far, and actually this site was the decsion maker for me to send back my Samsung M500 for the Q.
  8. atlmotoq

atlmotoq New Member

I'm thinking they prolly wont work on my rubberized black Q.
  9. jc1

jc1 New Member

My Q is a Sprint phone. It is rubberized. There wont be an issue. One thing though, they take forever to ship. They actually die cut it when you order it so it takes a little while before it ships. I should get them early next week and will post pics.
  10. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

those look really cheesey
  11. jc1

jc1 New Member

this from a guy with a homer simpson avatar? :smile:

some of them are cheesy, yes. but I am a huge NHL fan and am excited to have a skin of my home team.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ouch.... :}
  13. QDJSTEVEZ

QDJSTEVEZ New Member

Since Verizon is doing nothing to help me get my hands on a Black Q, I was actually desperate enough to try a BLACK decal for the Q. I found that it not only looked bad, but was impossible to get lined up correctly given all the Q's buttons and intricate surface stuff.
  14. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

What Didn't You Like About Black?

I also was interested in black. Was it the design or material? Was it the same rigid materials that the above poster referenced, or flimsy? Was it from SkinIt?
  15. nocr

nocr New Member

I don't use it because its difficult to put on the phone.

Maxtrac09 New Member

It depends on the owner. But for me, Q tattoos are cool.

jc1 New Member

ok finally got them and put it on. Been on about 2 weeks now.

1st, it took forever to get them. I called & emailed for nearly 2 weeks, got my shipping charged refuned for bitching. Granted I didnt just order a solid color but their site says 3-5 biz days.

My Sprint Q is rubberized and it was no sweat. It is basicly a thick sticker, it is flexable but not cooked noodle flexable. This is nice when trying to put the front skin on, all those keys.

Downside, its die cut from a solid "sticker" so you have to pluck each "dot" sticker for each key out of the skin. I took the dot out for the space key and used it as my guide point. Peeled the skin back off the backing only have way (to the bottom of the screen) and layed it over the keys. I then took the edge of a knife, sharp is good cause of the point, and removed each key "dot" 1 by 1, it is slow going but once u get the hang of it its a breeze. I got mine all in about 10 mins, front and back and is lined up dead on. If you have good light, steady hand, and decent eye hand than there shouldnt be an issue.

It takes about a week or so for it to really settle onto the phone. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN IT REALLY GOOD, ESPECIALLY AROUND THE KEYS as there isnt much space for the small amount of sticker that is there. On the front they cut 4 slits, far right & left and at the top and bottom of the phone where the skins overlaps the side of the phone slightly. These are thin "sliver" like pieces and I cut them off with a razor and they get caught on your pocket, roll up at the edge & collect fuzz. Below are some pics. They are blurry, sorry but best I could do under the lighting. As you can see its lined up pretty damn good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the circles point out the "sliver" areas I trimmed.
    [​IMG]
  18. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

I am impressed enough so I ordered a black one, being a wanna-be Black Q owner. What was the advantage to taking out one dot at a time?
  19. jc1

jc1 New Member

you lost me? There isnt any other way. You have to take them out 1 at a time. Its like a hole punch. They are kind of stuck in their becuase its a "sticker" It will make sense when you get it.
  20. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Sometimes the Net isn't a good substitute for a brief conversation - things get lost in the ether... I'm sure I'll figure it out. What I meant was why not pop out all the sticker parts out of their holes, and then put the skin on? That make sense? Maybe that's what you did. The photos look slick!