q software update and mac

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by lasammie, Oct 18, 2006.

1. lasammie

lasammie New Member

q software update and mac

anybody know how to update q software using mac?
    thanks
    sam
  2. mcsnacktime

mcsnacktime New Member

I'm trying to figure that out too. i'm just breaking down and using a PC to upgrade. Unfortunatly the missing sync doesn't have a feature that would let you do it.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, the only way is to visit a Verizon store or find a friend with a PC.:frown: It's one of the reasons I was seriously looking at a new Mac. I just couldn't rationalize it. I have a PowerMac G5 and it's still a great Mac, but just doesn't run Windows (outside of Virtual PC which doesn't support ActiveSync). Maybe next year or with the release of Leopard I'll make the jump. It is frustrating...

-Chris
  4. mcsnacktime

mcsnacktime New Member

I do have a macbook pro, and i couldn't use boot camp cu my hard drive had been repartitioned so many times, and for some reason i couldn't get it to work running parallels either. it was having some sort of issue with the usb. I ended up going to my parents last night and doing it after i backed everything up with the missing sync. So far so good.
  5. Raindance

Raindance New Member

The new Parallels beta fixes several problems with USB. You might wanna give it a try. It's free for now. Reports are it's working pretty well with USB devices. Oop, wait. Just read the end of your post. See you got it updated on a PC. Oh well, try the Paralles beta anyway. :p
    -rain-
  6. mcsnacktime

mcsnacktime New Member

i installed the latest beta before i gave up. i had read somewhere that the missing sync can cause issues with paralles and active sync though. i donno. missing sync is working out pretty well for me over all, so i'll probably just stick to that.

7. binghott

binghott New Member

i haven't been able to find any other reports of this, but i have easily synced my moto q with activesync through vmware fusion instead of parallels. shockingly simple. i have only done this through usb, although i would not be surprised if it worked through bluetooth as well.

did i mention vmware fusion is free?! (you still need a copy of windows)