Q Optimal settings for TCPMP

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by BANE, Jul 11, 2006.

1. BANE

BANE New Member

Q Optimal settings for TCPMP

I installed the following on my Q:

TCPMP Smartphone 072RC1

I played files and they seem to work well, but I tried a DIVX encoded file that was about 200 megs and it seemed to be a bit choppy. Is there any way around this? I would like to know if anyone has opitmized this program so that we can avoid the chopiness. Any ideas or help would be of great help.
  2. Stryker

Stryker New Member

3. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Tcpmp

I just installed it to MiniSD and it runs great now on full length movies. No Stuttering!! Follow the forum thread on How to get movies on to Q, it works great :thumbup:
  4. JessJenn

JessJenn New Member

Hi. Can you post a link to this thread? The videos I play, even short 1MB clip, play super slow. Thanks!
  5. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

What Video Driver are you using? I found that using the Intel XScale driver really improved the video playback performance.
  6. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Tcpmp

Search the forum here for movies there is a good thread on it. Sorry don't know how to refer to specific thread here. But Basically I use pocketDvix at max video/audio and enable Xvid codec(better quality) I haven't done other options yet, but I think I'll start experimenting soon. Though the files I make play fine. Here's my settings on TCPMP:1)pixel aspect ratio-->auto 2) Intel Xscale video driver selected 3) Hot key assigned for exit (prevents Q from freezing white screen if exiting any other way) 4) Buffer 4992 5) Preload at underrun -- 80% 6) preload for audio 128 (prevents A/V out of sync problems)
    I also have a fast 150x ATP MiniSD from www.usamemory.net that kicks some major butt :thumbup:
  7. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

TCPMP seems to be running alot smoother after performing the MotoQ update. Anyone else notice this as well?
  8. HarryPotter

HarryPotter New Member

Hey Stryker, I went to my TCPMP and tries to find the "Buffer, Hot Key, Preload" settings but I could not find them in any menu. Could you please tell me how to navigate to steps 3,4,5 and 6? Or do I need the pocketDivx as you have installed, because I do not have that. Thank you in advance
  9. anthonylitz

anthonylitz New Member

Did you find them yet? Go to settings and then press right soft key to select the buffering page. You should see all of these setting you are looking for.

Good Luck,
    Anthony
  10. ShadowMoto

ShadowMoto New Member

where do you find the Intel XScale driver to download or is it on the q9m already? And is pocket divx worth installing......and whats better store programs on the Q itself or on a storage card which one reads faster? I am looking for optimal conditions and smoothness?