Q Mol2 Upgrade for the Q Released

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Marvelous Merv, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

The default setting on the Q (pre or post MOL2) is NOT to store sent text messages. In order to keep a copy of your SMS messages you need to go Messaging => Text Messages =>Menu=>Options=>Sending=>Check "Save copies of sent items"
  2. johnph22

johnph22 New Member

Whew.........I was very worried.

Thank you for your help. I can't believe it was something so simple.
  3. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Right, thanks.. Everything was going pretty smooth there for a while, and I completely forgot what having a stock Q was like :laugh:
  4. Voity

Voity New Member

I get this message as well, however the Q does not allow me to turn it off, seems like it is frozen in this mode. any suggestions? thanks
  5. johnph22

johnph22 New Member

Edited Post:
    I think the phne is 'working'. I did get an error from the computer to restart the phone. I was unable to do this, so I popped the battery out.
  6. Voity

Voity New Member

worked. thanks.
  7. destruct007

destruct007 New Member

is it just me or does it seem like the update it only to take features away and lock down the phone on more ways that it originaly came? Are there any benefits to this update? Kind a annoying. we were fooled into the update, while we're all trying to get it working is anyone considering why we did it?

I actually want someone to talk up the great things about the update to keep me from feeling mildly depressed about it.
  8. jdgriffith

jdgriffith New Member

Just Updated Firmware

Just installed the firmware...Got confirmation it was successful. Except now I have no phone service. Called tech support and (2 hours later )they couldn't help. When I try to call out I get a message that the phone is not validated or the product is not registered.
    Good news..I get a new phone :2cool:
    Bad news.. Hassle :angry:

Just an FYI..for anyone who hasn't done the update.

Any chances they will let me exchange it for a Black version on the 12th???
    Probabaly Not...
  9. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Did you *228 your phone? You could always go to VZW.com and give them the ESN # again... might reset their side.
  10. johnph22

johnph22 New Member

Good things? Well I only installed it yesterday, but it does seem to be.............let me get back to you.

Honestly, I only installed the update because it said the battery life would be increased. Poor battery life (and I knew and acceptted it going in) are my only major complaints with the Q.
  11. masiv

masiv New Member

So I did brick the phone on my first attempt at upgrading. Received replacement this morning. Verified with Verizon that I am allowed to run the upgrade. New phone has software version Q2-BP_C_06.07.03P.

When I run the software update, it keeps telling me that my phone already has the newest software.

Do you think a hard reset and rerunning the update will work?

Any feedback on whether the latest update has improved battery life? That's all I am really hoping for anyway.
  12. HowLakota

HowLakota New Member

Well, I tried the update at home and the exact same thing is going on. My home PC is XP and work is 2000 SP4 . The update software senses my phone through the Active Sync usb interface and tells me I'm eligable for the MOL2 update and it uploads the first file then it just sits there. My Q doesn't do anything except go into screen saver mode the whole time. I get the time out message but I can still use Active Sync to look at the Q. I may end up taking it in to a verizon store. Does anyone have a work around for this scenerio? Thanks,

Randy Barger
  13. masiv

masiv New Member

Does your phone still function after you power cycle it? Your scenario happened to me and the phone ended up a brick.
  14. macgyver5

macgyver5 New Member

Problem

I did the MOL2 update now my phone is stuck in Roam Service, even after a Master Reset. Ideas?
  15. billspreston01

billspreston01 New Member

dial *228 and I think it's option 2. should update the roaming on the phone
  16. macgyver5

macgyver5 New Member

Thanks

Thanks, that did the trick.
  17. HowLakota

HowLakota New Member

Yea, It reboots fine, It almost acts as if the upload doesn't really happen. My phone never drops down to prompt mode. I think there is something wrong with my Q. I have extended warrenty with Verizon but will they honor the warrenty if my phone is working but doesn't accept the upgrade....?

Regards,

Randy Barger
  18. nanathegeek

nanathegeek New Member

Any Upgrade Benefits?

Does anyone yet know if any fixes are included in the upgrade?

I feel like I don't really want to bother with it, but if it would have any effect on my MAJOR gripe with bluetooth disconnection, I'd do it. I'm so p.o.'d about having to reconnect my headset to the Q after almost every call that I now forward calls to my Razr when I want to use my headset.

It seems every smartphone/pda has its glitch. I moved on from the Treo 650 because the voice recognition program would not work with bluetooth. Kind of silly to have to pick up the handset to make a voice-activated call when you're wearing the flashing blue light.
  19. jdgriffith

jdgriffith New Member

Yeah I tried *228. No luck. I took it in to a local store and got a replacement today. Thanks anyway.
  20. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Yeah they are all listed here...

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7217

This may not be all of the fixes if just says some of the fixes.

-A