Q modem, sharing for playstation 2 online

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by grg984, Jul 10, 2006.

1. grg984

grg984 New Member

Q modem, sharing for playstation 2 online

I use the q as a modem using the software PDA net. I connect my q to my computer and I am able to get my playstation to recognize a ethernet connection when i share the connection. The PS2 after recognizing a connection uses DNAS authentification and It comes up with a 611 error. Does anyone know how i can share my q broadband connection with my Playstation 2.
  2. kchinth

kchinth New Member

It might be possible, but do you really plan on using playstation 2 online through the Q? When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was a joke. There are a few reasons why this is a bad idea.

1) Speed. While the internet is pretty fast on the Q, it is nowhere near the speed of a cable modem. Mobile websites load quickly, but have you gone to any sites with lots of pictures. It still takes quite some time to load all of them. Just think of the lag you would have from playing a game online.

2) Verizon's TOS. First of all, tethering to your PC is not allowed with the Q (yet). Streaming video and music is also not allowed. As long as you keep the usage low, I don't think they will ever say anything though. But playing a video game online, uses way more data than video or music. I have a feeling that using your playstation 2 through the Q will raise a red flag pretty quickly.

I would really think about what you are trying to do, and decide if its really worth the effort to figure out how to make it work.
  3. grg984

grg984 New Member

No Joke

In EVDO service area I believe no or little lag should be experienced through sharing connection from a computer. I would use it on my PS2 in certain occasions despite the amount of bandwidth it would use up. I can get it to work, i just need to get past the DNAS. If anything think about telling your freinds who dont have broadband. Would you like to play online? Hold on I'll connect my Q, sounds pretty sweet huh.