Q Keeps Rebooting

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by JFUNDE02, Aug 27, 2008.

1. JFUNDE02

JFUNDE02 New Member

Q Keeps Rebooting

New here but I have found some useful info here.

I work for a Law Frim and all the attorneys have Q9c's.
    They all have been upgraded to wm6.1. This has stopped the moto "M" screen of death. Now they have started rebooting :angry: on their own a couple of times a day. Since these phones are used for business there are few programs on them. The only thing that we add is the good messaging.
    Has anyone come up with a fix for this. I have heard ideas of turning of the push for the e-mails but this will not work for the attorneys because they have to have their e-mail automatic:foot:.
    Any help would be great.
  2. donnyhink

donnyhink New Member

I have only had the Q for about 3 weeks and mine does that too. I even had it happen twice during a meeting. How embarrassing!
    I called my carrier and after having me do several hard resets among other things, they have decided to send me a new phone. They said that it should not do that.
  3. JFUNDE02

JFUNDE02 New Member

Why is that always the answer. That seems to be the common theam. The problem I have with that is we have multipule phones here and it takes forever to get a new one in and setup. :angry:
  4. donnyhink

donnyhink New Member

I agree that the solution is just to replace the phone. However, I was very pleased when they sent it next day air. I sync'd it back up. So far it is ok.

I have been told that it may be because I have several email accounts pushed to my phone. I also have a friend who's phone (different model) did the same thing. He found a setting that corrected it. As soon as I find that, I will try it. If it works, I'll post it.
  5. monstertech

monstertech New Member

I had this issue on my Q I got. I think it has something to do with having your email auto check every so often. I started out with having email checked every 15 mins....then the phone would randomly reboot. I ended up turning that off for a week or 2...not a single reboot that I noticed. So I turned it back on to every 15 mins and it does it every so often. Since I use it to check 2 different email accounts I will set one to every 15 and the other a different time. Maybe that will fix any issues? I will keep all informed.
  6. donnyhink

donnyhink New Member

Thanks for the info. I have two email accts pushed to my phone. One, I have check every 5 minutes and the other I have moved to 15 minutes. I will move that one back to an hour maybe and see if that helps.

Another weird thing is that it doesn't do it if I'm out of my home area. I have a National plan but I travel out of home area alot. It doesn't seem to do it then. Makes me say hmmmmmmmm:laugh2:
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

may need to update the roaming tables
  8. donnyhink

donnyhink New Member

OK, I haven't found that yet. It doesn't reboot while roaming, so should I mess with it?
    I like it. I was told that right now we are using CDMA but by the end of the year we will be upgrading to EVDO. That means instead of a little better than dial up speed it will move closer to high speed. Wooooo Hoooo!!!!
  9. USCQUSER

USCQUSER New Member

I had the rebooting issue as well but there was a update to correct this problem. Since I installed the update there has been no more problems with reboots. Go to the Motorola website to see if there is one available for your carrier. I know Alltel and US Cellular has it.
  10. monstertech

monstertech New Member

Trying the update now...
  11. monstertech

monstertech New Member

Seems to work for me...I did that update and no issues so far. For some reason my email accounts didnt save...