Q in the sand!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by crazykay, Aug 5, 2008.

1. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Q in the sand!!

So last night i dropped my q9c out on the beach into about 8 inchs of sand.. when i pulled it out it was working but then a few minutes later it started shorting out on me and now its completely shut off!! My question is this. From what ive heard and read there is no longer a q9c avaiable through sprint.. so if i take my phone in to the sprint store what are they going to give me?? A refurbished q9c or something totally different!! I dont want anything different until the Xperia X1 comes out....Would i be better off to buy another q9c off the internet somewhere???
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

well that sucks!!
    you could try sprint but i think you can get the sprint Q9c from the motorola website still
  3. crazykay

crazykay New Member

will the motorola website cover the warranty??
  4. n99hockey

that im not sure of
    since its not a device issue (more of a beach issue) that might not be covered under warrenty...that is unless you cant tell there is sand in it and just called up moto to see if you can get a new one
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that sucks... i hope they can replace it without cost for you.
  6. crazykay

crazykay New Member

LOL HMMMMM you mean to tell me that beach abuse is not covered under warranty! lol Yeah i never thought about that!! Well guess ill just go fork out the dough then!! off to motorola site i go
  7. n99hockey

hehe no i dont think 'beach tragedy' is covered sadly
    good luck let us know how you make out!:laugh2:
  8. crazykay

crazykay New Member

WOW that thing is still $419.00 on their site!! Maye i will go to the store and see what they can do!!
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

Does Sprint have insurance like Verizon? If so, you did drop it, and that is covered under the insuraunce, less the $50.00 deductible.
  10. papped

papped New Member

I am most likely going to sell my q9c, if you're interested.
  11. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Two words.... equipment insurance! It is the best $4.95 a month I spend on anything.. cuz the beach things, are gonna happen...(or something similiar).

I try hard to take good care of my device, but some things cannot be controlled.

Hope you have that insurance.
    Bozz
  12. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Yep I have it but i went to the sprint store this afternoon and they said it would not be covered.. they said its basically the same thing as dropping it in the water and getting water damage!! oh well. i just bought one from the motorola website.. Should be here in a few days.. I wasnt gonna fight it anymore. Just easier to drop the money and be done with it
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Verizon's insurance covers water damage...
  14. crazykay

crazykay New Member

must be nice.. i thought sprints did too but that lady at the sprint store said no!
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

ck, which package do you have? there is one that just extends the warranty, and one that covers everything else. I believe you can still get both for around $7 per month. but each separately is around 4
  16. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Im not real sure.. I didnt know there was 2 of them... All i know is i've only had my q9c since February and all the lady said today was that it wouldnt be covered.. I do know they only take $4 out for insurance and not $7 every month
  17. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if water isn't covered you probably just have the extended warranty. (which is all I have, but then I haven't been to a beach in years either)
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

how did they know sand got on it? I would have just said, it stopped working
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

Not as an insurance broker, but as a clutz & a MOM!!

Kay, this is from the Sprint site. For $7.00 per month, you can get the full TEP protection (same as Verizon & AT&T). Everything is covered on that, except hardware failure. That is covered by Motorola for the first year. For Verizon, this can be added for the first 15 days of having the phone. ADD IT! (Especially great for someone who lives at the beach!:wink:)

[​IMG]
    Where would you be without your phone? Out of touch, disconnected and frustrated. You can avoid the inconvenience and aggravation with Total Equipment Protection, our comprehensive phone protection solution. It's convenient, affordable and designed to give you everything you need to protect your phone wherever you go.
    Total Equipment Protection
    Combines the features and benefits of our Equipment Replacement Program and Equipment Service & Repair Program. Click here to see why Total Equipment Protection is your best equipment protection value.
    • The fee for Total Equipment Protection is $7 per phone, smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
    • Monthly coverage program offering comprehensive service, repair and replacement.
    • You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.
    You may sign up for either program separately if you prefer. Click the Coverage Certificate and Service Contract links below for details.
    Equipment Service & Repair Program
    Coverage for mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance and failure from normal wear and tear.
    • The fee for the program is $4 per phone, smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
    • The Sprint Equipment Service & Repair Program does not cover damage beyond repair, liquid damage, cosmetic damage, or damage resulting from customer misuse or abuse.
    • Repair and service are available at more than 1,400 Sprint Phone Repair Centers.
    • Replacement equipment may be the same or comparable equipment—like kind or quality—with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone or mobile broadband card.
    • For full terms and conditions: Equipment Service & Repair Program Contract.
    Equipment Replacement Program
    Coverage for lost or stolen devices, as well as devices with liquid or physical damage.
    • The fee for the program is $4 per phone, smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
    • There is a $50 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • File your replacement request within 60 days of the loss, theft or damage.
    • You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.
    • Replacement equipment may be the same or comparable equipment—like kind or quality—with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone or mobile broadband card.
    • For full terms and conditions: Equipment Replacement Program Coverage Certificate.
    Equipment Replacement Program is underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC (Asurion Protection Services Insurance Agency, LLC CA Lic#OD63161), a licensed agent of CNA. The Equipment Service and Repair Program is an equipment service contract from Sprint. Terms and conditions are subject to change. May not be available in all states. Eligibility varies by device.

[​IMG]Helpful Information

Is your problem related to wireless coverage or signal strength?
    Check the Sprint Coverage Tool»
    Enter your ZIP code below and click "Find Repair Centers" to find Service & Repair Centers in your area.

Find Repair Centers»

FAQs

How do I enroll in Total Equipment Protection? »
    How can I check to see if I have TEP, ERP or ESRP on my phone? »
    How do I file an Equipment Replacement Program insurance claim? »
    How long does it take to receive a replacement phone through Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) insurance claims? »
    Repair & Protection FAQs »
  20. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Thanks Sherri! For sure gonna get this on my new q