Q idle after removing from PC

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by smiller2076, Oct 31, 2007.

1. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Q idle after removing from PC

I've been having an issue with my Q not working right away when I remove the USB cable. The screen goes black and the keypad lights up, but that's it. It was going back to normal in about 1 minute, but recently I've had to pull the battery to get it working again. Is this an ActiveSync or Q issue? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. chrischoi

chrischoi New Member

I would try clicking disconnect on active sync. Then making sure it's safe to remove the phone as hardware.

If you stil hav the same problem. It would have to be the phone. Good luck. Hope everything works out.
  3. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Thanks, I'll try that.
  4. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Ok, I tried that. I didn't see anything in ActiveSync to disconnect my phone. I did try to kill the connection from the task manager, but still had the same lag issue.
    I called Verizon, turns out they're going to send me a new Q because they have no idea what's wrong with it. So, if you have this problem, you just need a new phone :tounge:
  5. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Okay...got the new Q, but they gave me silver again :frown:

Everything is working peachy now...I unplug it from the USB and I can use the phone right away! Yay! :smile:

Weird thing is, the old Q won't do anything now. I get a language error when it starts up and it sticks on a blankish home screen. I can't even do a Master Reset so I can send it back to Verizon. Oh well....
  6. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I've had this issue for a while as well. Thanks for hunting this down. Muse be a MOL update is needed, as I downloaded the latest ActiveSync and still no "disconnect" button.