Q gets PIctureMail

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by betulike2know, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Sheri

Sheri New Member

Yes! I do the same with my Yahoo account. Works great!
    Can you post your incoming/smtp server settings for Sprint PCS email? The settings I have aren't working.

Thank you!
  2. insider

insider New Member

Palm

Currently the only phone that supports traditional picture mail is the palm phones when it comes to pda's.
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Yes maybe for sprint but the VZW Q users get it.
  4. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

This what U do

This is what you do when you want to send picturemail to someone else regardless of what carrier they are on.

1. email picture to yourself yournumber@pm.sprint.com
    2. next you'll get an alert on your Q that you have new picturemail .....open Link
    3. Now your in your picturemail web space, from here you can forward the picture, and you just need to put in the recipients phone number, that's it
  5. Sheri

Sheri New Member

Ha!! Thats a great way also!

I've gone thru my contacts & made entries to include their wireless addresses, and now...... off they go!
  6. b8b

b8b New Member

Is there a way to only send email, not recieve? I am using my gmail account to and send pictures (try - 1x is not working well for this) but I do not want to recieve any of my gmail to the phone (I use the web interface so as to have read email synchronized). TIA.
  7. Sheri

Sheri New Member

I don't belive so. The good thing is that it sends before it receives! So I just wait for it to finish sending then push stop. :gasp:
  8. irfan5911

irfan5911 New Member

On the PPC 6700 i had to install verizons 6700 software on it then it gave me the option to send pix and flix. so there is a way around it forsure for traditional picture messaging.
  9. fusion1

fusion1 Member

The odd thing is you would think they'd anticipate Q users or PDA type phones in general to users needing to be able to send picture mail even moreso than non pda phones. How many businesses use PDF documents to transfer specs on items and to not be able to view it with a PDA is ludicrous! WHat's the point of having a PDA if this isn't possible?
  10. geoff101

geoff101 New Member

ummmm, viewing pdf files and sending picmail are two entirely different things...you CAN view pdf files on the q....but you need documentstogo installed first...
  11. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I can view PDF's without docs to go....I have been able to view them since the Q came out of the box....
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats what i thought...but ive always had trouble viewing the on my Q...even with docs to go...but maybe thats just me...
    i would recomend clearvue pdf viewr...great program!
  13. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

SO Close......

Alright, need a bit of help.

Install this cab in the ZIP file:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/files/PPCGeeksSprintMMS.zip

You now have MMS!!

But when I try to send a pic, it closes out. For a brief moment, you have Picuture Mail. I'm sure it's just a REG setting somewhere, and if it's simple enough to fix or compair with a Verizon Q, then we now have MMS!!!

All of the REG settings for this are at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\

Only other thing I can think of is to copy the installed MMS files from the Verizon Q, as this is the install that we've been needing!!

Thanx, and good luck!!
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

is it possible that it does not work becuase you are trying to install and run a PPC software?
  15. spowamg

spowamg New Member

??

Whenever all of you really smart people do figure out how to install the VZW MMS onto the Sprint Q, can someone PLEASE email a very very detailed "how to" instructions to me at imsofakingamazing@gmail.com . I am so bad at all of this stuff that I dont even know where to find the threads that I save to my account and I know I will never be able to find this again through a search. Sorry for being so terrible at this in advance :angry: At least I know how to get to the web site :laugh2:
  16. binder

binder New Member

subscribed to this thread to check it....i would like to see this program.
  17. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

I have received 2 PMs that the above file was installed on 2 other Q's and the MMS prog RAN, unlike on mine, but did not SEND. So this *MAY* work for some, but may/maynot send until I/someone gets the reg setting right!!
  18. bluerobin

bluerobin New Member

I installed it, but as soon as I hit new pix message, it show the page to fill out the info but doesn't give you a chance to fill it out before it goes away.
  19. ranchosteve

ranchosteve New Member

I installed it,

It's almost there but backs out like said above.:frown:
  20. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

I'm still working with it. I'm trying to get ahold of a Verizon Q, because I think I just need to copy a few files over after the other file is installed and we're there.

Anyone else working on this and/or have access to a Verizon Q?

I've been watching if www.freeq.info has anything, as when I had my PPC6700, they had a site called www.free6700.info and they were the first to post MMS hack publicly.