Q gets PIctureMail

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by betulike2know, Mar 22, 2007.

1. burnass

burnass New Member

No, you won't get charged, as long as the sms is sent from sprint. I called and confirmed with sprint. Then called and re-confirmed the next day. Just want to be sure.
  2. sarahjane936

sarahjane936 New Member

Sprint assigns two addresses to the picture mail account. One would like like the address you have listed above (except its @pm.sprint.com), but other is ALWAYS 10DigitPhone@pm.sprint.com.
  3. Mobile Joe

Mobile Joe New Member

"You have used 50 text messages..."

Wow, that's a relief. :)
  4. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

maybe, but I like seeing Nicole's picture in the posts, so she can write all she likes. :laugh2:
  5. gordonsnow1978

gordonsnow1978 New Member

ok i think the easyest thing to do would be if you have a regeditor. look around for a file in your program files that is named something like "Apache_VZW_MMS3.0.6.24_20060124" this is the file that i used on my PPC-6700 and it worked like a charm. so if you can find something like this on your verizin Q that would be awesome and i will mess with my registry to figure out how to get it to work.

so any help from you Verizon Q users on this would be great...

because i called sprint employee services and the guy said that windows mobile devices dont suport it. i basicaly told him to F OFF...

thanks in advance.
  6. ChinnoDog

ChinnoDog New Member

An unforseeable turn of events

So, this whole issue is rather appalling. You see, I bought my Q on or near the first day that Sprint released it. In fact, I was looking at phones and then when I found out the Q was coming out on Sprint, I waited for it. Well, when I bought it I of course had to have picture mail. So I got it. And I used it. Thats right. It WORKED. Then, thinking I didn't take pictures that often, I reduced my vision plan to the $15/mo plan. Yesterday I wanted it back so I called CS. They said it is part of the new $15/mo plan, so they switched me to it. Except, now picture mail doesn't work!! CS says that it is no longer supported on the NEW vision plans. If I had never taken it off, it would still be there! (Of course, none of the people who have it working are posting in this thread because they aren't looking for it.) If you notice, when you attempt to create a new text message the option to add a new picture or voice note or file is greyed out. This leads me to believe that the phone can in fact send picture mail, but it has been disabled. They can do this through a "back door" that is part of Windows Mobile where updates are pushed down in the background through SMS messages that do not appear as text messages. I won't go into any more detail than that. Now, if I just had a clean Q to play with I would reset it and dump its registry contents before provisioning. Anyone want to attempt this? If you do, I want a copy of that registry file!!!

This whole issue also makes me wonder if now is a good time to try my amateur .NET coding skills at making my own MMS messaging application. It could be so much better. :) I have to assume that Picture Mail will be MIA for the foreseeable future....
  7. phor8

phor8 New Member

I Sent It On My Q!

I sent a picture on my Q to two of my buddies.

I set up the Sprint PCS email to be a POP3 account on the Q, and the pictures were simply attached and off they went!
  8. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Same deal here, I just tell the pic to send and it attaches itself to the message.
  9. indyx

indyx New Member

Sending a "picture mail" is attaching a picture to a text message. That's not what you did. You just emailed a picture to you friends phone and they recieved it as picture mail because you emailed it to the PM address for their phone. You can't send a picture as a text message (MMS) from Sprint's WM5 smartphones. Go to text messaging, open a new message and hit the right "menu" softkey. Select insert and the options for "picture, " voice note" and "file" are greyed out.

Sending an email with a photo attached to 10digitphone#@pm.sprint.com isn't the same thing as sending a "picture mail". The recipient recieves it as a PM but you not sending it as PM. PM doesn't require you to have an email account set up on your phone to send pictures.
  10. FourTwenSesh

You are right, my bad:angry:
  11. indyx

indyx New Member

At least the email way works for us, it's just a bit of a chore to send it that way compared to texting it...
  12. FourTwenSesh

True enough, usually I just assume that it should work (in theory), but as you have stated earlier, it just doesn't.
  13. Sheri

Sheri New Member

Please don't take this the wrong way but, does it matter how its sent?? The goal is for the recipient to receive the picture. Pics via email work for me!
  14. indyx

indyx New Member

It matters for several reasons, none of which i'm going to bother explaining at the moment. Perhaps i'll get around to it some other time.
  15. StinkyMojo

StinkyMojo New Member

same thoughts here lol
  16. FourTwenSesh

Its just called "personalizing your settings" and it is definitely a personal choice (but its an oxymoron, because its not a choice between text/emailing pics)
  17. Sheri

Sheri New Member

And maybe someone can post a suitable way for you. I take my toys VERY serious & I know what its like when something is not to one's satisfaction. Good luck! :)
  18. syn0s

syn0s New Member

OK, so heres a couple more questions from a Q newb:

1. If you do use the E-Mail workaround using Vision (which I have), when it ARRIVES at the destination phone (say, T-Mobile), does it come through to THEIR phone as a regular MMS "Pix" message? Or do THEY need a data plan? Does it send them a link to the picture like an incoming Picture message on my Q? or does it just Pop up on their phone?

2. Is this only WinMo Sprint phones? My wife has an LG Fusic and I wanted to know if she can use MMS Picture messaging or if she has to use the same "e-mail workaround"???

Thanks in advance

syn0s
  19. ChinnoDog

ChinnoDog New Member

Are you guy successfully sending MMS messages using the MMS gateways?? It seems that when I do it from my Q it doesn't work; not to Verizon or Sprint. I get the email returned to me from the mailer daemon with an SMTP error. I've tried using both the exchange mailbox set up on my Q as well as my SprintPCS email using SMTP/POP. If I do the same thing from my computer it works just fine. I assumed that they are blocking email from Outlook mobile. Does this work for anyone???
  20. Sheri

Sheri New Member

1. I remember getting pics from my friend who was on Sprint & I was on Cingular at the time; I always received a link. I believe all of Sprint's phones that are MMS capable send a link instead of an actual pic.

2. The workarounds are for WM devices. (I can't speak for Palm OS). If your wife has an LG, she's able to send pics the "normal" way!