Q gets PIctureMail

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by betulike2know, Mar 22, 2007.

1. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

Q gets PIctureMail

Sprint rep in atlanta said they were releasing an update to add picture mail to the Q .... can anyone confirm this?????????
  2. Handsom3

Handsom3 New Member

Somebody please confirm. Unsure
  3. mssgrnspc1972

mssgrnspc1972 New Member

Picture Mail

The Moto Q already has picture mail but you have to call Sprint to set it up because it can only been through a mailbox like hotmail, outlook, pop3, etc...
  4. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

No I mean real picturemail like every other Sprint phone ...
  5. Cheb75

Cheb75 New Member

No the Q at this time does not support MMS

hopefully soon though, I heard its a server issue with Sprint and they're working on it.
  6. malatesta

malatesta New Member

I highly doubt we'll see "picturemail" on the Q or any WM5 device.

The 6700 has been out for 1.5 years, 700wx for over 6 months...no picturemail, which suggests they are deliberately not putting it on.

The server issue doesn't hold water since you can put the Verizon MMS app on the 6700/700wx and it works just fine.
  7. anthonylitz

anthonylitz New Member

For real? What do you do dial *2 and tell them you want picture mail setup? I do know a friend tried to send me a picture mail and it told him I did not have that service... How much does it cost? I think I canceled my picture mail subscription and got just unlimited internet since the Q didn't support it anyway, the guy I talked to while changing my account was sympathetic to the problem because he also had a sprint pda type phone that picture mail did not work on....he knew of no solution to this travesty!

Anthony
  8. MrClean

MrClean New Member

What reason would they have not to put it on? It's not like a PDA phone can send more pics than any other phone can. With the number of PDA phones out there now and more being sold everyday, they'll have to do something to appease the masses.
    I think it's the fact that Sprint didn't anticipate a problem, maybe they thought PDA users wouldn't be as likely to use picturemail as their other customers would. I have no idea why they would think that, I just find it hard to believe that they deliberately didn't put it on. It's not like it's saving any bandwidth or anything. Unsure
  9. malatesta

malatesta New Member

No I agree, there are no glaring reasons why they wouldn't put it on but after 1.5 years of WM5, if they had wanted it, they would have done it.

Likewise with the Q. The verizon version has MMS on it but the Sprint doesn't.

Ultimately this is a question for Sprint to answer. I imagine it has something to do with it being a "business" device combined with their unorthodox mms system.

I just think at this point it's not going to happen.
  10. b_rad_w

b_rad_w New Member

Pure speculation: the rumors strongly suggest that SprintQ gets WM6 soon... maybe they're holding out...?
  11. narodk

narodk New Member

I Have a Verizon and a Sprint Q. Any way to extract the MMS part from my Verizon Q to my sprint? If there is I would love to help!!
  12. MrClean

MrClean New Member

13. malatesta

malatesta New Member

It's not pure speculation...

NO WindowsMobile device on Sprint has "picturemail" and they've had 1.5 years to work on it and put it on.

WM6 has zero to do with this. Sprint is about making money and if they thought it would behoove them to put it on when the Q came out then they would have. The Verizon Q already has it, so it's no stretch to think Sprint had it removed. The same is for the Verizon 6700. The only speculation is from a signal rogue Sprint source saying otherwise and no 2nd or 3rd confirmations. This isn't hard to do for Sprint--they're not spending years developing some WM "picturemail" system.

I'm also skeptical of a WM6 upgrade until we get real evidence, all we know at this point is it's possible.

Re: can we extract it from the Verizon Q: we tried at ppcgeeks.com but the Motorola ROM udpater is an unusual beast and we cannot properly extract the files like we did with the Verizon 6700.
  14. narodk

narodk New Member

So we can't just figure out what files we need and copy them over? Along with the registry files too? Isn't that the way it can work?
  15. dork

dork New Member

Sprint Q Picture Mail.... not happening!

OK, there are no Sprint WM5 devices that support "picturemail" and none will in the near future. Whether or not WM5 users will have the ability to upgrade their SW to WM6 to support a future picture mail feature also isn't very likely.

You can send and receive pictures to other mobile users by addressing the picture message to their picturemail email address. For Sprint users the email address is MDN@pm.sprintpcs.com. Other carriers have a similar email address for their users on their picture mail servers.
  16. narodk

narodk New Member

I totally understand what you guys are saying but ppcgeeks was able to setup a program for my 700wx and that was working perfect. now why can't we figure this out for the Q? I'm trying to help here not make life difficult.
  17. scenic

scenic New Member

I just switched to sprint from verizon, me and my girlfriend both used pix messaging on Verizon. She didn't know I switched to sprint yet and sent a pix message from her verizon phone. I was able to receive this picture text on my sprint Q. Anyone know why this is? It seems to be working for me.
  18. narodk

narodk New Member

Did you receive it as an MMS or did you have to go through a web site on the phone?
  19. scenic

scenic New Member

the message showed up as a text message...but yea once i opened it it said i have a new picture mail and showed a web link to see it. But all in all, it was still pretty seamless.
  20. narodk

narodk New Member

Yeah it's not the receiving part thats bad, it's the whole sending part.