Q doesn't get past the "Windows Mobile" startup screen after rebooting.

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by qmasterq, Feb 20, 2009.

1. qmasterq

qmasterq New Member

Q doesn't get past the "Windows Mobile" startup screen after rebooting.

hello!

I am having a crazy problem with my Q! Today, I was experiencing a whole lot of slow down wen I was trying to navigate to read some texts I was getting. Instead of waiting it out, I just turned it off to restart the phone. Well, I had to do that a couple times since it was also really slow (almost unusable) after the first restart. Anyway, now, when I turn it on, I get the yellow Sprint screen, and than the blue "Windows Mobile" screen, but it just stays there. It does not move forward from there. I can leave the phone one for any amount of time, and it is still there. I dont think the phone is quite frozen, because the screen's power still dims (i have to hit a button to reveal that it is still at the "Windows Mobile" startup screen. Anyway, any suggestions? Ive been using this same Q (with the same NON-extended battery) for about two years now. I don't quite see how it could be the battery though, since I have it plugged into the charger during all this as well. Anyone hear of anything like this? Any suggestions?

If the phone is just plain done for, I just wish I had copied my contact list file previous to this.
    =/

Thanks!
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

First thing, try to sync it to your PC. you want to try to get a copy of the pim.vol file on to your pc. It may still sync.
    Try and get back to us.
  3. qmasterq

qmasterq New Member

hmm, well, i've never synced it before. I am a mac user.

i have access to a pc, what are the chances that I could set up a sync at this point? haha
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it can be synced to a mac, i dont know the app you use.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Missing Sync???
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

think so. .
  7. qmasterq

qmasterq New Member

ahhh. i see. well i dont have it, and I am not sure i want to buy a program like that on a whim. hmm
  8. southrndawg15

southrndawg15 New Member

Do you have an SD card? if not it is most likely too late. The exact same thiing happened to me yesterday and I went up to th verizon store and they tried everything thy could do. He said most likely my memory was soo full my phne just couldnt operate anymore. So thankfully they overnighted me a brand new (most likely refurb) one. Thank God i had insurance
  9. qmasterq

qmasterq New Member

You know what? I think that is exactly what happened to my Q. For the longest time, I noticed that I could not erase my text messages folders. My sent and inbox folders had messages from like a year and a half ago. I would select them and hit delete (and they would appear to be empty, until I power-cycled my phone, that is), but they would come back. Anyway, some tech support person told me that this was a known issue with the Q. And I was getting texts at the time I experienced a crazy slow-down, before it would not start up. Anyway, that is what I am sure happened. SPREAD THE WORD!!!

I was forced to do a master reset button, which at least, thankfully worked. Although, I did lose all of my phone contents (losing my contacts was the most painful!).

Let this be a warning! Q users, back up your contacts, and if you cannot delete your texts, back up all your important stuff, and do a master reset of the phone. It is much better preparing for a master reset, than being left with no other option!
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Or you can use SKTools to delete a massive amount of text/emails so you don't have to do a hard reset. SKTools is also great at doing scheduled or manual clean up so you don't experience the sluggishness.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

edit: the email just came in...thanks
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

CHECK you email - did it simultainously. What the heck. :) -Q
  13. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Good enough. Don't quote the spam either, because then your post becomes spam.:tounge:
  14. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, lots of rules.
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

see above
    what the heck
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Okee-Dokee . . . gotchya. THX :) -Q
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator