Q cradle

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by rudeboy, Sep 21, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Q cradle

i am considering this cradle i need to verify that it can also charge a separate battery -i see a whole in the back so i think it can- i have a good chance to getting a few standard batteries for a great price (read free :}

thanks in advance..
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I have that one sitting next to me. Yes, it does have a slot for a battery. The slot will take three different size batteries, so you should be all set. It is set up, so that you can charge your phone at the same time as a battery.

[​IMG]
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks dude.... that's pretty cool.
  4. scottjb

scottjb New Member

I keep one of these on my desk -- my Q would never get through an entire day unless it spent time charging. The shape and angle of it make it easy to continue to use the Q while it's in the cradle.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

once i can get my hands on a few of those batteries i am going to buy one of these...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*update*

spare battery has been on my desk for a few weeks now... today i finally purchased this cradle, and got the 10% off, thanks Chris.

should be here by the end of the week...
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I did the same last Friday!! I ordered the mammoth 3200 also...they should be here Friday. I've been wanting these for forever so couldn't pass up the 10% deal! Watch, a 40% Christmas special will pop out next week! :smile:
  8. this seems to work with the q9m according to their website no?
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know i am not sure... i have a Q1. did the placement of the usb "socket" change on the Q9 ?
  10. Bottom left corner. does the width of the device matter?
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

judging purely from the picture i would say it does not matter how wide it is...
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whahahhaa.. hey, that's not even funny :}

right after i ordered i saw a 20% thingie flying by and i am like crap... further investigation learned me that was 20% discount on all software :}
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

GOT IT!! Looks pretty sweet. But....looking like the 3200 doesn't fit in the rear. I swear I read somewhere it fit! I haven't tried the hammer yet though...
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yours came ? in tact ? mine came but it was pretty beat up (frankly it was packaged pretty bad..) they reacted quick & shipped a new one the moment i called and i shipped the broken one back. would a 3200 fit after you pull out that little plastic "plate"/divider thingie ?
  15. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yea, packaging...pretty lame. I was scared to open it up. Inside was OK though! Plastic piece is pulled, but too tight I think. If I removed the white wrapper covering...it might fit. It's that close. The picture in this thread must be two standards in there. I'll scope it more when I get home.

The 3200 sure feels good though...with the new battery and did I mention the new unlimited plan? Crap, not even Xmas yet!!!
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hopefully they learned from past mistakes, waiting for #2 to arrive... was it stated that the 3200 would fit ?
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

It just said "extended batteries"
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aha... that's pretty much a way for them to cover their behinds :}
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*update*

cradle arrived today... in one piece :}

looks likes when the Q is done charging it charges the second battery in the battery slot, that is the charge indicator on the Q is not there (it's full, i know) and the green led on the cradle still flashes.. the extra battery i am charging has never been used so it must be empty.