Q as a Wireless Modem

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by dan99mp, Jul 7, 2006.

1. M A V I C

M A V I C New Member

I don't suppose you would share exactly how you're getting online. I've tried every tutorial I can find and none seem to work. Most seem to be specifically for Verizon. I'm on Sprint.

TIA
  2. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

Do you have either the $15 internet plan or the $40 tethering plan?
  3. M A V I C

M A V I C New Member

$15 (PV.)

(Brevity is the soul of wit - Shakespeare. vB understands neither.)
  4. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

Then it should "just work" what error do you get when you try to go to google.com on your phone?
  5. M A V I C

M A V I C New Member

I think there's a misunderstanding. I want to tether. This thread is about using the Q as a wireless modem with one's PC. I can connect to the internet just fine using the browser on the device, but I cannot get my laptop to dialup through the Q.

There's a thread here on how to do it, but the instructions are either no longer correct or only work with Verizon. http://www.everythingq.com/forum/ma...q-connect-your-mac-net-via-bluetooth-323.html
  6. tbone1771

tbone1771 New Member

Well, I am running Vista Business on my main computer (work laptop) so if you follow these steps you should be good. Obviously if you are running XP then you just need to download the software,run and start the Modem Link software on your Q.

Hope that helps.

Tbone
  7. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

Yah Sprint has it's on method with the Q, forgoing that, PDA-NET works, though you may have to disable your LAN/WIFI connection on your desktop so it stops trying to connect through the net via that.

When done with PDA-NET, open it up on the Q, and "turn off modem mode", and then reboot the phone if needed, and use it as normal again.
  8. M A V I C

M A V I C New Member

Thanks guys. That doesn't quit do what I'm looking for, but is certainly within the scope of this thread so I'll be quiet now :)
  9. smart12584

smart12584 New Member

So my big question here is i got PdaNet to work with my laptop and i have SprintPCS service i have 2000mins for talking and the unlimtied data plan was wondering if i used my moto q as a modem will that deduct from my anytime talking plan for from my data plan?
  10. biggsean

biggsean New Member

Hey guys, new to the message board and currently a Sprint Treo 700p user. I own a macbookpro and i'm able to tether my Treo to get online for free with my SERO plan. I do not subscribe to any additional service above and beyond what is included with the SERO plan (free power vision).

I have owned nearly every iteration of the palm based Treos including the Treo 300, 600, 650, and the 700p. I can safely say that the 700p is by the buggiest phone that i've ever owned and aside from the EVDO speeds, I hate just about everything else about the phone. I use it primarily as a push email device by using chatter email and an IMAP account, a web browser, and I tether it to my macbookpro when I don't have wifi access.

I would like to know whether it has been confirmed that one can tether this to a Mac and not incur any additional charges. If this is the case, I will definitely make the switch. I've been tempted to jump ship to other providers, namely Cingular with the blackjack, but I simply can't justify spending over double what I am now. Gotta love that SERO plan.
  11. joel2

joel2 New Member

Can't receive calls while TETHERED?

I have a Moto Q on Sprint and I'm using it tethered to my laptop with PDANet to acquire internet access.

Problem: When tethered I can't make or receive calls off the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any work arounds?
  12. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Can I connect the PS2 to my PC via usb or only ethernet? I don't have the PS2 network adapter and I really want Madden 09 updated rosters.

Thanks if you can be of assistance
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I'd suggest trying to find that answer at a PS2 website or forum. We can get you the internet, but not to the PS2. :laugh: