Q as a modem

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cheezykiwi, Sep 11, 2007.

1. redtop91

redtop91 New Member

If you don't have a phone as a modem plan $39.99 on your account yes. You will either 1. Get away with it (most likely) 2. Get charged $.03/kb casual data charges each time you connect 3. Get you account cancelled. Sprint is highly anal about using their phone as a modem without a plan.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and as a reminder (might very well be mentioned before) you can not receive calls when you are connected, however you can receive txt messages. i tested this yesterday @ work while my boss helped me by sending a test txt msg :}
  3. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Yeah Sprint customers have a real unlimited plan. I would not worry about it.

*EDIT* OH and Rudeboy, I had a headache for hours, thanks.
  4. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

There is an option in PDA Net that will allow incomming calls. I have had the phone ring while using it and was able to answer the call but it killed my data connection.
  5. packpackard11

packpackard11 New Member

What about this I found....then you wouldnt have to buy PDAnet...has anyone tried this?:laugh2:

Cab installer to enable BT DUN support in the Motorola Q

I created a CAB file that automatically puts the registry keys in place necessary to enable Bluetooth DUN support on the Motorola Q. Thanks to StolenPhone from HowardForums for documenting the necessary reg keys to make this work.
    1. Install the CAB file
    2. Reboot your Q
    3. Dial ##342587 and hit Send
    4. Set the dialup option to Enabled and hit Exit
    5. Do a happy dance :)
    After you go through this process, you should be able to pair your phone to your laptop again and it should automatically install a "Standard Modem over Bluetooth". Just create a Dial-up connection using this modem with a phone number of #777. No username or password is necessary.

geektribe.net/Documents/BTDUNforQ.CAB

Happy Tethering!
  6. REDSKIN35

REDSKIN35 New Member

Computer Crashing When Using Pdanet

Hello,
    I'm a newbie using the Sprint Moto Q with unlimited data package. Sometimes when I use Pdanet , it causes my laptop to crash. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Please help.